Gear?

cumins01

Would like your all's opnion on this. The truck in question is a 2002 Ho 6 speed with 3.54 gears and 33" tires. It tows about 3-4 months out of the year rest is highway/city driving. I pull farm implements (planter, disc, sprayer, etc.) and my puller (8k plus the trailer weight's 7k empty). Mods to the truck are dd clucth, 100hp injectors, edge comp, spearco, intake horn, afe stage 1 and a 62/64/14 turbo. I was looking into 3.73 gears so I still have some fuel economy but also found I can go 4.10 (thick gear) and use the same carrier I have. Which would you all do?
Thanks

I had about the same truck. I'd just pull in 5th gear and save your money for something that was worth it. $.02

I towed two of these across OK a few years back. Pulled the first one in 6th at 70 mph. Pulled the second one in 5th at 65 mph. Gained 1.5 mpg on the second trip and didn't fog out traffic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
unless you put on major miles off road towing I'd go with what dually is saying. with the manual you can chose your gear, so unless you spend lots of time starting those trailers under off road conditions ie lots of soft field conditions leave it alone

Back