Kuwait's Hot

SlickCommonrail

Currently deployed to Kuwait. Pretty hot so far seen 130 the other day. Only a couple more months to go.

Sorry you have to deal with that, December will be nice for you....remember those days on the boat.....I just thought Texas was hot!

Jim

Which camp are you on? I got to sit thru a nice dust storm yesterday and sounds like another one is trying to kick up right now. But just a few more months for me as well. :rockwoot:

Keep safe guys! Thanks for your service! I'm sure you can't wait to get home!

SlickCommonRail - You have it a little hotter than I do. By a degree or two. Im straight south of you for the most part.

Less than a week and I can tell these people, "Next time Beaches!!!!!"

At least all you have to deal with in Kuwait is the heat...

I like Iraq better than Qatar, too many wanta be warriors there checking for correct sock color there. But I was on a COB and not a FOB so we had nice living areas

It was working when I left a few days ago, and was up pretty much all summer. We didnt get any real bad sand storms tho, just a bunch of dust storms.

I've seen the extremes while transient for less than a week in kuwait. Ice in the morning, 120 by noon. 2nd time through I got to use the pool and check out the desert queens. Iraq I saw 140 a few times. Hot enough to boil water on humvee roofs for hot chocolate. Afghan mountains sucked, pretty much same as kuwait.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

My brother sent me a pic a month ago...he was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt, and the thermometer above his head said 132*......he sent me a message yesterday...said it was freezing there now(low 50's)......LOL

Back