PJ trailers?

Well farm credit decided I can afford a regular dove tail but not a hydraulic dovetail. Now the search really begins.

Anybody have opinions on lippert component axles? This sure trac sitting in town has them. Overall a nice trailer that continues to grow on me.

I saw you're in SEOH. Before you use farm credit, try with Ohio University Credit Union. They're great to work with and will typically lend more than most. Great interest rates to boot.

Once you go hydraulic dove you won't go back. That's the only reason I posted about OUCU....find a bank that'll give you the extra....

I saw you're in SEOH. Before you use farm credit, try with Ohio University Credit Union. They're great to work with and will typically lend more than most. Great interest rates to boot.

Once you go hydraulic dove you won't go back. That's the only reason I posted about OUCU....find a bank that'll give you the extra....

I tend to stick with Farm credit because credit because our mortgage is through there and most other banks cringe when the see my mortgage loans and be asking for another. I have decided to do a couple home improvement things, add some capital to my account and get a trailer I want. Probably be early winter.

I bought a 40 foot triple axle trailerman two years ago new. the trailer has held up fine, (some minor wiring issues) they are a well made gooseneck. the price was much better than others i looked at and under with the same crossmember and center lag spacing. it was 40 ft with a 2 foot dove, car hauler type triple single axles, $5850 with a grain trade. led lights, twin jacks, dexter axles, spare, and bed pockets. thought that was a cheap enough deal, even ordered it with a few add ons. my only thoughts since are, problably going to go 36 long next time and 2 single axles, the triples get around fine but they tend to wear tread faster.

Last edited:
Talking to AL-KO now about trying to get them to fix my leaking crap. They are out of warranty naturally, but I'm hopeful they will work with me. All four hubs are coated inside. Brakes don't work worth a crap. They seemed to care on the phone and I have forwarded them all the info they needed. Waiting to see now.

Be ready for the cost of those brakes. I just had to put all new on my 40' 24k with 12K Dexter axles, $190 each. They work great, but man are they expensive.

The plan is to have THEM cover the brakes since the leaking seals are the root cause of the repair. Honestly, I have heard that AL-KO had a batch of bad hubs that got loose a while back. I'm hoping they track it down to those and everything should be covered. We'll see. I'm playing nice guy for now. ;)

The plan is to have THEM cover the brakes since the leaking seals are the root cause of the repair. Honestly, I have heard that AL-KO had a batch of bad hubs that got loose a while back. I'm hoping they track it down to those and everything should be covered. We'll see. I'm playing nice guy for now. ;)

I had the same problem when my trailer was less than a year old, they covered everything. Even new backing plates and magnets.:rockwoot:

Just got fed the "sorry, it is 1.5 years out of warranty" story. Buy Dexters. $.02

Everything about trailer brakes makes me want to stomp kittens. My trailer is getting modified dana 80's put under it.

Well...I had to pay for parts....but got a good discount.

4 seals ($16.20 ea)
4 brake replacement kits ($39.62 ea)
1 magnet kit ($40.04 ea)

Delivered with shipping for $288.32 direct from the manufacturer in Shawnee, OK.

I had to buy the whole backing plate and all hardware on mine, they were so rusted I could barely move them with a 6' pry bar to be able to get all of the bolts out to swap them out. Hopefully if I ever need to go at it again I just need pads, they are a lot cheaper than the whole thing.

Back