Programmers For 2013 VW Passat TDI

You'll need to send the ECM off to have it bench flashed. I have a 12 TDI, so same motor. Go with Malone Tuning. I got their stage II tuning and the car runs MUCH better.

I have a 13 Passat auto and thought about getting a Malone stage II tune once the warranty is out, but I've also heard that the trans. are Very expensive. So is the tune too much for the tranny or will it handle it and be reliable

As long as you get a DSG tune with the stage 2 tune you should be good to go. I'm doing my 13 TDI on Monday.

Luckily I won't have to worry about it. 6-speed manual. I am also curious o hear how you like the program update. Keep us posted!

On mine stock 6th gear was pretty much only for maintaining speed, after I'm able to use it to pass quite nicely. I picked up about 3mpg.

On mine stock 6th gear was pretty much only for maintaining speed, after I'm able to use it to pass quite nicely. I picked up about 3mpg.

All in all, for the price of the programming, happy enough with results to offset the cost?

Without a doubt. I would happily do it again, it makes it fun to drive, stock it wasn't. 70K miles and no issues.

Awesome. I know there is a lot of potential there. Stock there is a lot to be desired! Think I'll let the warranty run-out and go for a Stage II. Thanks for the input!

Are you guys using this tune with all of the emissions crap still on the car?

I've been looking for ways to get better mileage out of my 2009. I currently get around 44.5-45 mpg in the summer time and 41-43 mpg in the winter time. I've looked into deleting the emissions on my car and get a flash from Malone but it all adds up to well over $2,000! I'm just not into that.

If I can get a tune from Malone and still run the emissions and pick up 2 or 3 mpg I'd be happy with that until I can afford to delete it all.

Are you guys using this tune with all of the emissions crap still on the car?

I've been looking for ways to get better mileage out of my 2009. I currently get around 44.5-45 mpg in the summer time and 41-43 mpg in the winter time. I've looked into deleting the emissions on my car and get a flash from Malone but it all adds up to well over $2,000! I'm just not into that.

If I can get a tune from Malone and still run the emissions and pick up 2 or 3 mpg I'd be happy with that until I can afford to delete it all.

Sounds like on stock platform, the Malone tune can fetch an additional 3 MPG's.

My worry is plugging up the DPF.

I don't know much about the later DPFs but my DPF does not use urea to clean itself. My DPF is cleaned by the 3rd injection event that burns all of the particulate off in the DPF. I am worried if I have this injection event eliminated with out eliminating the DPF, it will get plugged up.

I recently did egr lp and hp delete, dpf delete and Malone stage 2 and DSG tune on my 13 Golf. Just topped off the tank on Tuesday so will see how the mpg increase is. The car has a whole new feel to it with the added power and the way the trans shifts now.

The 3 mpg you picked up is that going off the computer or is that hand calculated?

Back