Sucking air!!!:(

Hey guys, I got an 01 cab n chassis with dual tanks, and it was dying on me, rebuild the primer, same problem, my hosed from the ficm to the filter looked pretty bad so I pulled them off and out clear hose on them, I had air coming out of my ficm into and out of my filter, so I looked on the bottom, and where the steel lines turn into hose for a few inches and turn closer to the tranny back into steel lines, someone had cut that hose and a bunch of cheap hose clamps, so I ran a hose straight from there to the filter and deleted the ficm, and still got air coming out of the filter to the pump.. It will idle forever but once you start driving it will die within a mile or so, and you'll have to prime it again.. I was hoping some of you could give me some pointers.. I was thinking broke pickup tube but it shouldn't even start and run that long should it?

You just rebuilt the primer? Did you change the other orings inside the filter head? I doubt the pickup tube broke, they are plastic IIRC, not a common issue. You could try pulling the fuel supply line under the truck by the fuel cooler, and hit it with 10psi or so. Probably find a leak pretty quick.

Back