third gen door badges on second gen

cerickson

fullpull108
I am debadging my 02 2500 of all the trim am and the plain 2500 badge. I am wanting to put 3rd gen door badges on my 2nd gen truck. I am wanting to paint the chrome black. What is the best way to do this. What kind of paint would I need? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't want the paint to chip off in a month. Do I need to rough up the badges before spraying

yes but I have seen others that have painted their badges and grilles black. Just wanting to know what kind of paint the used and how they prep the plastic so the paint adheres to it solidly

Thanks ferret. Have you ever used this product before, or do you know of somebody using it?

i do not. but i was thinking of using it on the wife's bug to do some intior pieces. looked like it worked well on the TV show.

but if your just doing door badges maybe some sanding and some plastic spray paint?

You could also give them a smoked look and use the night shades spray from autozone that's used for spray inting tail lights

Thanks for the info. Is the bug tdi?

i wish! she was put into a guard rail and we had to get a new one for her. were trying to wait for the new 2012 but had to get one of the last 2010's. a very nice car. gets good mileage and the 2.5L hauls

The smoked look would look cool. Guess I never seen any done like that.

Back