Truck falls on its face under any sort of load???

x-redefined-x

Well my truck is a 97 F350 7.3L i have a TW 4 pos chip, napa filter, full 4" straight pipe, BTS VB.

My problem is that when i put the truck under load just trying to get up to speed fast the truck will fall on its face for about 2-3 seconds then slowly build boost back up n go, sometimes my boost will be about right n get to about 22psi slowly at wot, but this problem usually happens when im at like 10 psi n it wont go much higher. My RPMS drop about 300 when it falls on its face, im not sure if it will be my chip causing this ive read that tunes will work on one truck but will be different n not run as good on another, since my chip is a used one from another 97 f350. The truck is also sluggish right from a get go something, u can feel it just shakey when its going threw the rpm band. Ive got no CELs it doesnt puff any smoke when this happens my egts dont jump.

Ive put a fuel pressure gauge on the truck n shimmed the FPR so its right at about 55 to 65 psi. Could the truck be defueling really hard when its under load? ive unplugged the MAP sensor it helped a bit but still falls on its face.

I just wanted to post up here for help to see if anyone has had this sort of problem before i take the truck to a diesel tech to get some tests run on it.

Your hpop could be on the fritz. If you kick it in the ass and it sounds like it's missing for a minute and then catches, your pump is probably getting weak. I'd bet money that your harnesses are burnt also. Pull the plugs at the base of the valve covers (there's two on the inside of each bank) and look at the pigtails. Both are common problems for the 7.3's old and new. Let me know what you find.

Not to highjack, but mine does the same thing, but I dont have a chip and I have changed the harnesses, glowplugs, relay, and pigtails?

I have changed the harnesses, glowplugs, relay, and pigtails?

Have you checked the electrical connections on the valve cover gaskets? Changing the harnesses under there won't do any good if the valve cover gaskets are fried

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that. I changed everything from the pigtail on the outside of the valve cover to the tip of the glow plug, including the valvecover gaskets.

It was mentioned above that your HPOP may be taking a dump. That makes sense, but I'd get it tested to make sure. I forget how you'd go about doing that. I've forgotten alot of 7.3L stuff and this OBS section doesn't get alot of traffic.

You'll have to get a scan tool and check your ICP and that will tell you how healthy your HPOP is

ya im gonna try an get the truck scanned soon, i was reading also that my EBPS is broken off my manifold n that some tuners use that reading for the tunning an can cause a defueling setting which might be assisting my truck falling on its face

Back