Who was the guy in the bible who went up in a tree

jponder

RESIDENT MAD SCIENTIST
IIRC from Sunday School jesus walked up to him and said come down out that tree, i think he was on a limb and fell. i cant remember his name. Jacarius but google cant hit it and other searches fail also. What was his name and what book is it in?
Thanks

He was a stumpy tax collector and wanted to see Jesus when he came into town... his lack of height presented a problem, so he climbed up a sycamore tree to catch a glimpse of J.C. Well, when 'ol JC saw a midget up in a tree he thought, I gotta share a meal with this guy... The crowd was kind freaked, because tax collectors then as now were Kinda thuggish and not particularly liked... Jesus had a habit of bucking the system that way.

He was short. He climbed the tree to see Jesus.

Never mind. Tim tells it better.

How the ell did you know that? How did you find it?

I paid attention in Sunday school LOL Actually, there was a song about it when I was a kid.

"Zacheus was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see.
And as the Savior passed that way he looked up in the tree,
and he said 'Zacheus, you come down, for I'm going to your house today"

He was a stumpy tax collector and wanted to see Jesus when he came into town... his lack of height present a problem, so he climbed up a sycamore tree to catch a glimpse of J.C. Well, when 'ol JC saw a midget up in a tree he thought, I gotta share a meal with this guy... The crowd was kind freaked, because tax collectors then as now were Kinda thuggish and not particularly liked... Jesus had a habit of bucking the system that way.

Yeah i just read it. this version said it was a sycamore FIG tree. and the fruit was unclean and used for swine. Sycamore doesnt have anything to do with figs but then again i am a stickler for using scientifice names

I thought he fell out the tree and went to far out on a limb but thanks for the link i just read it.

I paid attention in Sunday school LOL Actually, there was a song about it when I was a kid.

"Zacheus was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see.
And as the Savior passed that way he looked up in the tree,
and he said 'Zacheus, you come down, for I'm going to your house today"

RIGHT RIGHT! i kept thinking jacarius, i remember that song now. You are a better student than I

Back