Big Twins Manifold Charger Selection

EPA Violator

CR Wrencher
Hey, I've been reading a lot, watched some dyno pulls and talked to several guys. Atomosphere charger will be a GT 55 or similar with larger 90's to 108 or so compressor. Goal is 1500 rwhp, and streetability. Both equally important. (I know want my cake and eat it too) Fuel and supporting mods are there. Options I'm looking at so far include

1. 472/87/ 1.0 or larger T4 likely with a gate from manifold to hotpipe
2. 4 something/92/1.15 or so T6 gate?
3. 4 something/96/1.15 or so T6 gate?

I'm leaning toward the small charger although fussing with a gate will be more aggravation. What's yall's real world experience? thank you

Here's a video of the boost gauges on a 1600hp dyno run. Turbos are 472/87 1.1 T4 with a 60mm gate over a 594sxe also with a 60mm gate. The 472 spools really fast. YouTube

I run a 72/ over a 91mm GTX unit. Spool is stupid fast, the truck runs 6.1s all day. and this is in a dinosaur application P24v. Its not a street truck by any means, but It could be especially in a CR.

Khaokustoms, what manifold you got the gate on? the steeds only allow for a 45mm gate. Also what gate u using? Whats the specs on that big bastard? what was your drive P. thanks guys

how can I plumb in a 60 mm gate best from manifold to hotpipe. those steed manifolds only accomodate a 45 gate. Are their other available offerings that utilize a 60 mm gate on the exhaust manifold

Khaokustoms, what manifold you got the gate on? the steeds only allow for a 45mm gate. Also what gate u using? Whats the specs on that big bastard? what was your drive P. thanks guys

We have a 60mm turbosmart gate on the steed speed. The 60mm base flange wits right ontop of the 45mm flange that comes with the steed speed. We tigged it on, raised the divider flange up and then I ported the heck out of the gate flange to get maximum flow to and through the 60mm gate. The primary is a box BW 594sxe. The video I attached previously we had the 1.45 T6 housing on it, now we have the 1.60 housing on it. Hoping to get it on the dyno this weekend with our new injection pumps and bigger injectors.

Thanks dude. That helps. U ever log drive p in the manifold vs drive p in the hot pipe to assist u with when to open the gate?

I've seen two setups, one had 480/96 on the manifold with GT55 94mm and another with 480/92 on the manifold with hx 82 make 1600 and 1700 respectively. I currently have 72/87/1.0 with 85/96/1.32 . I just got the truck haven't dynoed it with this setup, but I am changing turbo piping and upgrading fuel. What would you suggest Weston? I'm open to suggestions, please.

Pretty much I would like to keep an 87 mm turbine on the manifold and make as much hp as possible. to keep it streetable, 1500 is just a realistic goal I thought.

I saw both of the trucks your talking about dyno in person this weekend. Pretty impressive for a chassis dyno forsure. But I do want to make sure you have everything else to go along with it. What’s the long block like? How ready are you to tear up drive line and hard parts? What do you think the service life or rings and pistons are at those HPs for something you can drive on the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw both of the trucks your talking about dyno in person this weekend. Pretty impressive for a chassis dyno forsure. But I do want to make sure you have everything else to go along with it. What’s the long block like? How ready are you to tear up drive line and hard parts? What do you think the service life or rings and pistons are at those HPs for something you can drive on the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answers to those questions are unfathomable and rarely exist for most. I go rounds with customers on this frequently.

Long block is d and j enforcer. This truck is a toy and reliable isn’t an issue. I recently bought the truck because it has a few issues I’m lining out and upping the fuel and air. Forged pistons, I can prolly get 20-30k miles out of them. I prolly be pulling it before then for something anyhow.

Drive her around today. I love the 87 turbine wheel on the manifold. I’m prolly gonna try a gate with a gt 55. I got time to think though. Fixing to move drivers battery to bed and redo buncha wiring. This thing is pristine. One of the nicest 3rd gens I’ve seen

Back