518 low stall converter

79powerwagon

Looking for opinions on low stall converters for the 518 in my 79

Was looking at revmax & emailed them for more info (stall speed, billet cover or not) but have not heard back.

Any other good budget options out there?

For those that run a low stall, did you feel it was a worthwhile upgrade for the 518?

I know most say swap to a lockup trans. I don't know that it's needed for a lighter street/play truck

I like TCS Products converters/billet stuff.

TCS Products

They were the makers of the excellent parts that DTT flogged.

Yes, worth it, the stall you need will depend on what turbo/s & power you have.

I've used/installed a DPC, a Precison, a RevMax, a DunRite and a Hughes

Goerend makes a very intelligently designed converter for pretty much any stock/towing/mildly rowdy application, the one I used & the ones I installed were great.

As far as TCS Canada - outstanding fluid coupling, won't use anything else in my trucks, I like when I call a place & figure out together what I need/serves me well. Their non lockup converters almost drop like a good lockup converter.

Goerend & TCS Canada make their converters in house, a definite plus for me.

TCS Canada also makes their stators in house, and I'm fairly certain Goerend does as well.

I like the Goerend flex plates & trans pans as well...real attention to detail & superior fit/finish.

Last edited:
Sure, along with Chinese Sonnax parts & Chinese Cummins gaskets & Mexican made trucks.

I mention Canada in my post & you instantly realize we're bigger, we're on top, that makes you our biatch :lolly:

Back