Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Suspension/rear end question.
Is the 2014 Kenworth AG400L the same thing as the newer Pete Low Air?
Next question, on the tag/dummy rear ends, (with what looks like a normal housing, but with a cover on it) can you put a differential and axles in them and have a “proper” rear axle?

Suspension/rear end question.
Is the 2014 Kenworth AG400L the same thing as the newer Pete Low Air?
Next question, on the tag/dummy rear ends, (with what looks like a normal housing, but with a cover on it) can you put a differential and axles in them and have a “proper” rear axle?

Yes and yes

European bum upgraded from his ugly cab over!
1c80d536b9c52dcd008b39c52b5845b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quick question for the experts,

To replace a cm871isx in a 2011 kw t660 with a C15 cat what has to be changed electrically? Is it just a matter of repinning the harness that goes from the ecm to the firewall or is it way more involved than that?

our 65e cat challenger developed a problem last night. Going through the field the temp gauge almost hits the red then cools way down then is back up to the red again. The coolant level is fine the thermostat and water pump maybe have 800hrs on them. It's a 3176 engine.

To replace a cm871isx in a 2011 kw t660 with a C15 cat what has to be changed electrically? Is it just a matter of repinning the harness that goes from the ecm to the firewall or is it way more involved than that?

Harness, coolant temp sensor, tps are the main off top of my head. Can get a kustom truck harness. Repinned an sdp harness to put a 7cz in place of a 2250. But last i heard an sdp harness is pretty tough to get your hands on

Buy the conversion harness from Kustom Harness and it’s plug and play. You may need to either swap the rear motor mounts on the frame to the older style or you will need to order the glider mounts from KW. The 2nd option there is no drilling required. Depending on what mounts the 660 has will determine what you need. If your time is worth nothing you can try repinning a Cat engine to firewall harness from another Paccar. On mine I used a Pete harness for an SDP and wouldn’t do it again. After I cut all the DPF crap out of it and moved a bunch of pins on the firewall side to match the KW it wasn’t worth it.

our 65e cat challenger developed a problem last night. Going through the field the temp gauge almost hits the red then cools way down then is back up to the red again. The coolant level is fine the thermostat and water pump maybe have 800hrs on them. It's a 3176 engine.

I would make sure it’s actually doing what the gauge says. On some of the older trucks there are 3 sensors, one for gauge, one for ecm and one for warning light and you need to believe 2 of them.

I would make sure it’s actually doing what the gauge says. On some of the older trucks there are 3 sensors, one for gauge, one for ecm and one for warning light and you need to believe 2 of them.

Yep! On my old Pete there was two temp sensors one for the gauge and one to the ecm. My gauge would bounce all over the place going down the road but with my laptop plugged in watching the temp readout it stayed pretty consistent. Cleaned up the connection at the temp sensor and the gauge stayed steady with the ecm from then on.

Can someone help me out with an engine serial number?
Trying to find out engine build date. Truck build date is 4/00, engine serial number is 6NZ16102.

Can someone help me out with an engine serial number?
Trying to find out engine build date. Truck build date is 4/00, engine serial number is 6NZ16102.

You're not eld exempt if that's what you're trying to figure out. I can look it up on sis when I get home tomorrow if no one beats me to it though.

You're not eld exempt if that's what you're trying to figure out. I can look it up on sis when I get home tomorrow if no one beats me to it though.

I would appreciate it if you could look that up.
I was not expecting it to be ELD exempt. Has to be a 99 motor to be exempt, doesn’t it?

The first 49xx 6nz's were exempt. I'll pull it up when I get home tomorrow afternoon. Forgot my laptop at home when I was running out the door last week.

Back