5r110 woes

thenephilm

So I bought a kit to swap a 12v into my 08 f350 4wd that originally had a 5.4. I am about to start messing with the factory 5r110 that came with the 5.4. I had put an upgraded torque converter in it and the kit came with the pcs controller. Now I am reading that the pcs sucks and no one can tune it so it will shift right. The sct wont work because everyone will only tune for a diesel 5r110 not the gas. Is it even worth hooking up the pcs and trying or should i just swap a manual in and be done with it?

Go with a 4r100 instead of a 5r. That's the easiest. They can be built to handle 1000+ HP and shift the same way every time. Especially awesome when tuned with a pcs.

If you want to give your 5r / pcs combo one last try, the only guy I know that successfully tuned them was Mike Haller of Hallers Repair in Wyoming.

I'm in the same boat. Can't decide between building another 47re and run an anteater which i know is reliable, or stick with the 5r.i would really like another gear and keep the 5r but I hear about so many issues with them even in stock form

Back