Tires for gravel roads??

I ran the Hancook ATs on my 03 on a lot of dirt and gravel roads and they hold up fine. The guy I sold that truck to is on gravel roads 75% of his driving, and other than slightly faster wear, they were still doing fine

We've got flint/limestone gravel roads that can chew through and chunking out tires quick. A few tires I've had really good luck with. In chronological order...good ol' sport king a/T's, dick cepek fc-ll's, treadwright guard dogs...kind of in the same category as the co-op grip-spur's great tires for a feed/ranch wagon, and nitto terra grapplers. A lot of trucks running around here with hankook dynapro's as well. If the tire has to be a do it all tire & hold up on gravel it seems to me there are a few commonalities between the tires I've had good luck with. A fairly tight tread pattern, generous tread siping, 10ply (although the fc-ll's were 8ply), Lowering air pressure in them when not hauling anything if possible. Lastly as much as it sucks, slowing down has probably the biggest impact on tire longevity on gravel. My wife has had incredible luck on gravel with the tiny lil' Bridgestone ecopia's on her Jetta pump dues, mainly because she just takes her time. I know they don't make them anymore but fwiw If I had to pick one and go back to it, the 315/75/16 8ply Cepek FC-ll's were hands down the best all around tire I have ever run.

With some gravel and mud here, most people are on Bridgestone tires like KO2 and Deuler A/T Revo or Discoverer AT3. Sure Fun Country II are underrated but I believe they are excellent tires.

Back