Tires for gravel roads??

mfsuper90

300ft is all I need
I have a 4x4 first gen dodge,1 ton cab and chassis dually with a flat bed that gets used for nothing besides being on a gooseneck/cattle trailer.

We do a lot of driving on gravel roads and they just destroy tires. Firestone transforce at's on the front and mastercrafts coursers on the rear. Neither tires probably last 10-15k. The rubber starts to flake off, I suppose it's from the gravel roads

Any suggestions?

Spent the better half of 20 years on dirt roads, never had an issue no matter the tire. Now railroad right of way's are a different story. Railroad ballast will tear up commercial tires but they were the only ones that had a chance of standing up to the abuse so that's what I would look for.

Shainer, your roads in Colorado must be different than Ohio gravel roads lol

We use bias ply on our bale wagons and such but I don't think they would work well with a gooseneck and trailer.
I'm just tired of buying junk mastercrap CTs every 8-10k miles. I'll have to look into the hankooks and the toyos

the gravel and dirt roads I've been on in CO don't cut up tires like the ones here in TX

but they're also not straight enough to do 90mph like I like to in TX! :p

I do a lot of work on wind mill sites and everyone that runs a pickup has the Goodyear Duratracs. Those roads are basically made from blasted ledge, sharp edges everywhere.

I had Cooper AT3 on my truck. 53,000 miles on them. Still had tread but I cut one of the sidewalls and decided to replace them all. I replaced them with Hankook Dynapros. I really did like those AT3s. I could not get them because they were on national back order.

Back