Waterman Pump Plumbing

I should also mention that I am not running a Waterman pump, I am running a Hilborn. Flows the same amount of fuel and is driven the same way though. Just cost me 150 bucks instead of 600 bucks.

Dave, any reason you went with a 60 and 80 psi check valve instead of a 40 and 60?

I used to run my old 12mm pump at 80psi and it seemed to work good. Those just happened to be the ones that I bought.

Alkydigger.net has a good selection of check valves.

It seems everyone runs the filter setup after the pump. Anyone doing it before? Also, I was going to run a check valve in the feed line from the tank to keep the fuel from draining back in the tank. Anyone do this as well?

It seems everyone runs the filter setup after the pump. Anyone doing it before? Also, I was going to run a check valve in the feed line from the tank to keep the fuel from draining back in the tank. Anyone do this as well?

I ran my filter after the pump and I also have a summit racing check valve about a foot away from my fuel cell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This also helps me out as well. I'm gonna be pulling out of a sump on the factory tank because of rules. Hopefully this isn't a issue.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Waterman will tell you to filter after the pump and recommend filtering before too. If you're only going to run one filter, you would want it after the waterman. If it would happen to scatter you wouldnt be sending debris to engine.

Waterman will tell you to filter after the pump and recommend filtering before too. If you're only going to run one filter, you would want it after the waterman. If it would happen to scatter you wouldnt be sending debris to engine.

What filter are people running after and any specific check valve? That's a good idea

Im gonna run this as the filter setup:

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/VP-MAX-Dual-Remote-Filter-Kit-p/drff.htm

I just got it in the mail the other day, and the filters on this thing are massive. I think I'm gonna run this between the tank and the pump and run a small inline filter between waterman and inj pump in case of failure.

As far as a check valve, this is the one I got:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-15107?seid=srese1&gclid=CLfJ5666kMsCFUokhgodOlQG-g

Man those check valves aren't cheap. This fuel system will end up costing me like 1500 easy all said and done. And that's getting eaton fittings cheap

Man those check valves aren't cheap. This fuel system will end up costing me like 1500 easy all said and done. And that's getting eaton fittings cheap

For sure man, if I didn't have this waterman already I think I would have just stuck with the airdog... It's crazy how expensive some of these fittings are, it adds up quick.

I agree 100 percent. I am already far far to deep to back out. I would have everything I need to do the system. I honestly need a sponsor if I want to do much traveling lol

My only thing was the airdog was un reliable. I had a brand new one on my puller and one of the pulls it just went bad and cost me a pull. All said and done I'm looking at $600-700 ish just for lines and fittings.

My only thing was the airdog was un reliable. I had a brand new one on my puller and one of the pulls it just went bad and cost me a pull. All said and done I'm looking at $600-700 ish just for lines and fittings.

It'll be worth it!!!

How is everyone running their 3 way valve with dual feeds? I was thinking -10 from the cell to my inline 100micron screen, to waterman, to filter head, then have two -8s going to the pump.

The problem is you'd have to have run your dump valve before you split to the 2 smaller lines. The dump valve came with -8 fittings.

Unless someone has a better idea I'll probably run -8 out of the filter head, into the dump valve, split to dual feed with a y after the dump valve.

I'm also going to use a -4 primer pump near the cell with a check valve.

How is everyone running their 3 way valve with dual feeds? I was thinking -10 from the cell to my inline 100micron screen, to waterman, to filter head, then have two -8s going to the pump.

The problem is you'd have to have run your dump valve before you split to the 2 smaller lines. The dump valve came with -8 fittings.

Unless someone has a better idea I'll probably run -8 out of the filter head, into the dump valve, split to dual feed with a y after the dump valve.

I'm also going to use a -4 primer pump near the cell with a check valve.

Haisley has a fuel block that I am using for 33 bucks. Just connect the dump valve to the block inlet. I know mine will require fuel fitting changes. I am doing -10 in and -6 on the relief of the 3way.

I guess there really is no reason to have a dump valve except to comply with rules correct? Honestly if my pump ran away and it was screamin, I think Id be scared to reach my hand in there and turn it. Might get a rod through your arm...

Back