Waterman Pump Plumbing

fbde7ab46aa0a8192a7ed3c2b88f35d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to redo the dual inlet, I dindt like the way it had turned out.
0de702df0d456f850d7b085a9affc586.jpg
59de1ac2a6cfe889514fc4ccbe033b27.jpg
7768ee3da2b8d18e977f87982358bde9.jpg

I found that -8 pressure port union, and it worked out perfectly. I figure that would be a accurate point to measure going into the pump.

Last edited:
649353af32fa2ae3c9d2a6c33eef1349.jpg

Would anyone see a issue with mounting the filter on a slight angle like this? I'm running outta room and this seems to be the best spot.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

649353af32fa2ae3c9d2a6c33eef1349.jpg

Would anyone see a issue with mounting the filter on a slight angle like this? I'm running outta room and this seems to be the best spot.

Why not make a longer hose and run it back on the frame rail? However, mounting on an angle isn't going to hurt anything.

Just didn't want the filter down that low. I had a really nice setup then forgot about the intercooler pipe :mad:. I'm thinking about getting a small plate and mounting it to the radiator shroud bracket.

So got my whole system done and motor up and running. what are you guys seeing for fuel psi at idle with the waterman?

I run -8 on my entire supply side with a 13mm Northeast injection pump.

-8 from tank to pump
-8 to filter dual feed to injection pump
-6 from fuel pump to 60psi check valve to fuel distribution block
-6 from transfer pump to 80psi check valve to fuel distribution block
-4 from injector return to fuel distribution block
-8 from distribution block return to tank

what fitting are you using for the -4 to injector return line? Also does your system run a dump valve?

what fitting are you using for the -4 to injector return line? Also does your system run a dump valve?
When i built that i was running cummins body injectors. I just cut the banjo end off the stock return line, used a 3/16 to 1/4npt compression fitting, then a -4 to 1/4 adaptor.

I am running a dump valve inline right after the fuel pump, before the filter. In hindsight it should probably be after the filter but oh well. The dump line just dumps to the ground. I figure if I have to pull it I have bigger things to worry about than a little fuel on the ground. There's no rules saying it has to go back to the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

When i built that i was running cummins body injectors. I just cut the banjo end off the stock return line, used a 3/16 to 1/4npt compression fitting, then a -4 to 1/4 adaptor.

I am running a dump valve inline right after the fuel pump, before the filter. In hindsight it should probably be after the filter but oh well. The dump line just dumps to the ground. I figure if I have to pull it I have bigger things to worry about than a little fuel on the ground. There's no rules saying it has to go back to the tank.

So when you shut the truck off, you use the shut off on the side of the pump and the waterman or like fuel pump relieves from the 70/80 psi regulator correct?

So when you shut the truck off, you use the shut off on the side of the pump and the waterman or like fuel pump relieves from the 70/80 psi regulator correct?
Yeah since its a loop system it just pushes the fuel through the relief valves. I have an Ag governor so i start the truck with the fuel shutoff as well

where are you guys getting your way shutoff valves from? I looks on summit and didn't see anything. id like them with all an fitting so I can run it after the fuel filter instead of mounting it right on the waterman

Bump an old thread.

Are you guys running a water separator pre pump?

Going to run a mechanical pump and would like to run a big ol water separator before the pump. Just wondering if it'll be too much of a restriction on the suction side.

Planning on dual tapping my sump -8 to y block, -12 to water filter, -12 to pump, -10 to 2 Mic filter, -10 to dual feed -8. Then a -8 return.

Water separator I have is a Donaldson P551000

Donaldson P551000 FUEL FILTER, WATER SEPARATOR SPIN-ON TWIST&DRAIN Engine & Hydraulic

Likely going to run an aeromotive 13305 regulator unless a cheaper one will do the trick.

Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

On my pull truck I run an inline filter but no water separator, I have the filter in line after the waterman before it splits off to my dual feed to the injection pump. I also have a 3 way valve before the filter which is a safety rule. I don't use a regulator though, I run high spend check valves on the return on of the waterman and the return out of the inj. pump.

079e12a63450a6dda9e5db610225b60a.jpg

Got all the the hose and fittings to finish the system. I’ll post pics up of the finished product tonight. Went with push lock fittings because it would have cost a small fortune to do steel braid.

Last edited:
ecc7ae16830eb9f08c49728e8f67d4e1.jpg

Sump to water separator / filter head
e50d2189860e34d895e115a95615a2b7.jpg

Head to Waterman
1ee47493cc9abb8829007b9aa8684391.jpg

Return from Waterman, Inj pump, injectors to return manifold
321c24c077f9651fdaf022809ab0607e.jpg

Return block back to tank. I used old draw straw as return, I just took the plastic straw off the bulkhead on the top of the tank.
968bbca9a263784472c255826c182436.jpg

The only thing I forgot was to get a fitting for the three way dump, which I will also run into the return block.

Looks good. Be sure to zip tie the 3 way shutoff. They open way too easily when going down a bumpy pulling track

Or hook it up to a cable and run it into the cab so you could pull it in there if there was a issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back