pistons for 2000hp

From what I found the Mahle Monotherm weighs in at 1651 -1672 grams (depending on source), I can't seem to find any info on Forged though.

After some good input by reputable shop owners over the last 15 minutes i believe i settled on a forged diamond set

So your 15 minutes of research and discussion with reputable shop owners was enough to sell you on a set. Then you find one failure with low miles and you are in doubt of them. That makes no sense to me. You will find a failure of every brand on the market that has been out for a while, some due to improper installation that nobody will admit. Do some in depth research beyond 15 minutes and 2 shop owners. You are all over the place in this thread. With that said I don't have any input on the direct subject. I have always ran reworked stock but not going for 2k HP. I know of a lot of diamond, aries, Ross in sled trucks that hold up and that's my niche. Beat of luck with the build and I'll be following.

Last edited:
I didn't say i wouldn't. I still may. But leary of forged in a truck that spends more time driving to dinner than the track. I spoke with drew this morning. Im looking into wiseco right now and considering running an alternative forged piston with steel ring land but would need to open the bore in the sleeve from 4.212 to 4.331 and they have never been ran in a cummins. There are numerous options just trying to pick one is the hard part. Cant afford to replace a 3000$ set of pistons in 5k miles. But it would take a long ass time for me to put 5k miles on this truck.

Well might not do diamond. These had 4k miles on them. .

Are you sure that pic isn't from a duramax with wiseco
Edit: nevermind that gas port looks different than wiseco. But someone just recently did that same thing to a wiseco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I didn't say i wouldn't. I still may. But leary of forged in a truck that spends more time driving to dinner than the track. I spoke with drew this morning. Im looking into wiseco right now and considering running an alternative forged piston with steel ring land but would need to open the bore in the sleeve from 4.212 to 4.331 and they have never been ran in a cummins. There are numerous options just trying to pick one is the hard part. Cant afford to replace a 3000$ set of pistons in 5k miles. But it would take a long ass time for me to put 5k miles on this truck.

Honestly if you can't afford that you shouldn't be wanting 2000hp and a driver. You did just mention it goes to dinner more than the track.

Lolzzzzzz fakin haters

Can't make it to every race or event and i don't build a truck that i can't use that's stupid

Trucks being put together to compete when im able to or drive when i want not sit in a trailer. Dont care what number it makes im not chasing that like some people just looking for some input on what would work best. Only seen a couple informative posts this place is ad bad as cummins forum now

He has a very valid point.
Strong, reliable, and cheap. Pick two.

You said yourself you want to daily (or close) a 2000hp truck, but don't want to spend the cash if need be. Things are GOING to break.

But you seem to know everything already. This is the kind of thing I giggle and read about on D.O.T. On Facebook.

Last edited:
Isn't there another 2000 hp thread running around here? Seems like that would be a better spot for this guy to obtain the valuable data he is looking for.

Why are people even talking about 2000 hp. It has not legitimately been broke with out the help of a BS Correction factor. So is this going to be the new thing everyone thinks they can get to? Everyone is going to be driving around in their 2000 hp DD's.

Why are people even talking about 2000 hp. It has not legitimately been broke with out the help of a BS Correction factor. So is this going to be the new thing everyone thinks they can get to? Everyone is going to be driving around in their 2000 hp DD's.

1000HP Daily drivers were so 2015.

Lol never did i say reliable and 2000hp and cheap so nice try. Money isn't the problem nor did i say daily driver you dumbass my daily sees 80k a year this truck hasnt seen 3k in 5 years nice try

butthurt.gif

"Street truck" then. However you would like to word it. Top builders have trouble keeping stuff together, and they see limited use.

People have tried to give you advice, but you know more than everyone here, so I'm not sure why we're even arguing. This thread would be more suited for Facebook.

Im not looking to get 100k out of this thing like i said competition use when i can attend but if i need to drive it because of the daily being down im going to im not putting 50+k $ into a truck i cant drive to dinner if i chose to so it doesnt sit

Back