Half ton love?

Easy. Keep your old sensors and pcm and hook them into the new motor. Everything will work as it should with the exception of the tach. You need a alternator kit for that. Speed sensor is in the rear end. Everything inside my truck works without the motor in the truck except for the ignition switch. A push to start button fixed that.

elaborate on the alternator kit? Theres not a standard tach wire in the dodge that runs to the cluster its all based of bus communications. my tach functions properly in my 03 half ton and will also function in my 08.

elaborate on the alternator kit? Theres not a standard tach wire in the dodge that runs to the cluster its all based of bus communications. my tach functions properly in my 03 half ton and will also function in my 08.

I haven't quite jumped into getting that to work yet but from what I understand there is a kit that runs off the alternator to read the tach. My motor did not come with a tach from the factory otherwise I would've just used that. I'm going to research where and how my system reads the tach and go from there but I don't have the can bus system in the 07, just a tipm. Those halftons sound like cool swaps man. I'd like to see pictures of them. :pop:

I haven't quite jumped into getting that to work yet but from what I understand there is a kit that runs off the alternator to read the tach. My motor did not come with a tach from the factory otherwise I would've just used that. I'm going to research where and how my system reads the tach and go from there but I don't have the can bus system in the 07, just a tipm. Those halftons sound like cool swaps man. I'd like to see pictures of them. :pop:

the 07 is most definitely CAN BUS communications. What engine was originally in your truck? If you go to my threads there are pictures of them in them.

Been gathering parts for my ac the last week or so. I have a 3rd Gen compressor and ac lines off of a 2007 3500 with a 6.7. I only had to get the one line from the compressor to the condenser extended. The compressor bracket on the 6.7 does not work as well so I got the bracket off of an 03 5.9 core motor. Should all bolt up. The 3rd Gen compressor and lines are perfect because the plugs are all the same and the evaporators are the same.

Back