Is my setup capable of making 600hp?

Jordank520

I recently built a p pumped 24v and I’m curious if anyone would have a ball park range of what power it could make. When I had my vp I made 632/1138 on a wire out motor. Current specs on new motor are

24v block bored .20 over
110# valve springs
160hp p7100
4GSK
Rack plug
Torq tek over flow valve
191 delivery valves
No fuel plate
AFC starwheel messed with (buddy with a 12v did it not sure what he exactly did.)
Timing is at 22.5*
7x.14 injectors
66 over s475
Airdog 150 with a 40# spring

It’s pretty quick but I thought it seemed to have more power when it had a vp on it

It does start breaking up alittle over 2500 rpms while free reving it, hoping that it’s my 4GSKS not adjusted properly could be wrong

Should be over that number by a good bit, the engine breaking up over 2500 is a strong sign you don't have enough timing advance.

I've only had one p pump that would free rev without spitting and sputtering. I'd bump the timing up a little more as well.

Would you happen to know what would be a safe number to run on timing. I live in Northwest Indiana so it does get pretty cold and I’d like it to start. I also do pull a trailer maybe 8k tops .

22* and attempting to tow was a joke with my truck. Ide not go over that if it ever hooks to a trailer that can handle more than a lawn mower.

22* and attempting to tow was a joke with my truck. Ide not go over that if it ever hooks to a trailer that can handle more than a lawn mower.

I've seen first hand where a very mild ppump 24valve running small injectors needed around 22 timing to run decent. These ain't 12v's

My buddy who has a dial indicator that goes in place of number 1 fuel line is how mine was done.

That's probably where your problem is. Go back to pin time the pump, then pull the inj pump gear, then tdc the engine, then turn back the balancer how many degrees back you want the engine advanced over the pumps pin time.

If it's a stock ppump they are usually around 13°, or close enough.

How u explained it is how I initially got it to 22.5* then my buddy with the dial indicator told me what I should be at. My balancer was 9-1/4” then multiples that by 3.14 then divided that by 360 to find out how much movement is a degree.

How u explained it is how I initially got it to 22.5* then my buddy with the dial indicator told me what I should be at. My balancer was 9-1/4” then multiples that by 3.14 then divided that by 360 to find out how much movement is a degree.

Exactly, go back to that procedure.

Back