The Grey Goat

They don't like Danny over on CF, how do you like the long arms, I have the 2 gen 6" kit from DOR as well as the torsion sway bar for my 97 I'm getting ready to install soon. I guess DOR had quite the battle over there so anyone who talks, uses or asks about them the Nazi's flip out. comp D is the only really good forum now a day's, as far as I'm concerned, CF is all about there buddy's and who pays or gives to the mod's. There have been a lot of ppl who have been thrown out for posting builds using his and a few other's parts. As you've seen.

Currently the truck is still on stock suspension. I need to order shocks, and waiting on Deaver to come through with the leaf springs yet.

Currently the truck is still on stock suspension. I need to order shocks, and waiting on Deaver to come through with the leaf springs yet.

I was looking to go the deaver or atlas route, both said they didn't have specs for a 2 gen 6" spring . both didn't seem interested in doing it plus it was going to be a month out and well over a grand. I just went with the sky jacker's and the shackle flip. hopefully I'll get the 6" with out the big blocks.

You could get about 10" or so if you went with Deaver springs that removed the factory block and a shackle flip on top. Very easy to get that much lift and get rid of the factory block if your using a shackle flip.

The reason Deaver and Atlas dont want to make a 6" lift spring that gets rid of the block too, is because the arch would be so severe, that it would ride like absolute **** no matter what.

yea they said that, I had a 77 ford with big springs , rode like a buck board. Danny suggested sky jacker's 4" springs and with the flip I should be at the height I'm looking for. figure I'll try it and see how it rides. I'd like to go with the atlas progressive but the sky's where more than half price. so I guess with the savings I'll look into a one piece D shaft.. lol. never ends does it !! .Are you running any DOR parts now ? if so how is it

The only thing on the truck from Danny right now is his track bar and steering brace. Both of which are the best money can buy.

as far as cutting the body mount...dont worry.

Nothing yet...been busy! Hopefully over the winter ill get something done. Boxes full of parts...no time to do anything!

Dont worry though. There will be updates when something happens

With you revmax vb. Did your replacement vb fix the down shift to 2nd

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

No, BUT! Lavon did take the time to explain to me why its doing what it does. Its the way the PCM is programmed. And not some bogus excuse of 2nd gear lock up.... A little more knowledgeable than the last guy. Not to mention how much better it shifts and doesnt bind on the 2-3 shift any more. And while Dodge did Eff up the OD shift timing (02s lock in 3rd gear while OD is still on) its way better with the FirePunk VB than with the RevMax Valve body. In other words...just dont buy a revmax VB...

So I ordered a new steering box for the truck. The stock one has a decent about of play in it; even after adjusting according to the book. Everything else is new and tight.

It'll be interesting when it gets here. It might be physically too big... :D

Deaver springs showed up last month too.
deavers_zpsbwfluckj.jpg

Still need money for shocks and drive shafts. Keep dumping money into the business....
17%203500_zpsglkgezhw.jpg

'17 3500 SLT
Cummins/Aisin
"Premium" Bucket Seats with full center console
Factory bed liner
7" LCD gauge package
8.4 Uconnect
5th wheel prep package
Back up cam
Back up sensors
Cargo cam
LED bed lighting
Fog Light
Show Cheif Package (cab lights and upfitter switches)
Remote start
Cold weather group
"Premium" speakers
Auto level Supplemental Air Suspension
Im in love....

That isnt it...hopefully it does better then their last boxes....but wish i would have seen it.

I might just have the last two 2nd to 3rd gen steering box adapters made by howard and i may or may not have a 6 bolt mopar upgrade box.

Last edited:
Well the Mopar 6 bolt box wont physically fit... There is 6-1/2 of clearance between the frame rail and the motor. The box is 6-1/2" wide lol, plus you need to use the conversion bracket, so there is no way it would fit.

Anyone wanna buy a Mopar 6 bolt box lol. It'll be in the classified.....

Guess ill be waiting to try out the PSC box.

wondering if I should sell my borg box and get one of these psc, just installed the dor bent long arms, trac bar, hd steering and brace . now doing the shackle flip. Danny's come a long way stuffs being sent faster and customer service has been great, all his parts are bullet proof .

Back