Truckers, lets see your rigs!

It's amazing what a bit of polishing can do. I have a white kenworth and the paint oxidizes badly.

Meguiar's No. 7 show car glaze and Brazilian carnauba paste wax for old paint. You have to keep up on it to keep it looking good. I haven't waxed mine yet. I am going to put a couple more coats of the No. 7 on before I wax it.

From what I have read, buffing with rubbing compound will dry the paint out and actually remove paint. It looks good at first but then ends up being worse for the paint. The Meguiar's No. 7 has oils in the glaze that the paint soaks up to bring the color back. They suggest leaving the glaze on for up to 48 hrs. Waxing with the carnauba wax puts more oils into the paint and seals the paint from loosing the oil. But again, you have to keep on it.

Got a little polish working and started bringing this 30 year old paint back to life.

ff0ecc54af6428f40b75227e02329c6a.jpg

Oh we went pulling, too. I was the test pulled at 283 ft. My dad was the second puller, pulling 293 ft. I turned down my first run and came back to pull 294 ft. Trucks ran great. May have a video later in the week.

Kinda disenchanted with pulling this season. Rather just go to local car shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where was the pull? How's the competition this year?

Oh we went pulling, too. I was the test pulled at 283 ft. My dad was the second puller, pulling 293 ft. I turned down my first run and came back to pull 294 ft. Trucks ran great. May have a video later in the week.

Kinda disenchanted with pulling this season. Rather just go to local car shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the loss of interest? I'd like to see the video.

Big rig pullers are spending hundreds of thousands dollars only to their engines to get 5500 or more (8000 or whatever number you make out of your head) hp out of them, and now Mike is selling his Shameless for 125 and Brockosaurus for 100 ? Bad business or maybe those building costs are also drawn from hat ?

Where was the pull? How's the competition this year?

Pull was with our club, Western NY Pro Pulling Series, in Marilla, NY. Dad pulled 293 ft and I was 294 ft. It pretty cool to me that we have these trucks set so close.

Competition is tough. There is a guy with a KTA and another with a mechanical Cat that has spent a ton at Columbus Diesel. They're always one and two. Both blew their motors up in the pull off. Then there are 4 of us that are with in 5-10 ft of each other

Why the loss of interest? I'd like to see the video.

Combination of the rules and so many other things going on. My dad and I bought a boat last summer and I bought a house last fall. Just rather be doing one of those two things than pulling, honestly. We started going to local car shows, which are so cool because everyone loves our trucks and we get to see some cool rides.

We started this class 4 years ago and had what I thought was a great set of rules that would keep everyone in check. But the club never wanted to uphold them and a couple of guys with big money got to making the rules and it is out of control. With our rules th PA Posse or East Coast Pullers Limited Semi class could come pull in our club.

Big rig pullers are spending hundreds of thousands dollars only to their engines to get 5500 or more (8000 or whatever number you make out of your head) hp out of them, and now Mike is selling his Shameless for 125 and Brockosaurus for 100 ? Bad business or maybe those building costs are also drawn from hat ?

Pulling and motorsports in general are bad business. The percentage of winnings to money spent is so low it would make any man rethink. Also, not to mention the time commitment. You're on the road for 3-4 months or more out of the year. I can see why Larabee wants to sell.

Pull was with our club, Western NY Pro Pulling Series, in Marilla, NY. Dad pulled 293 ft and I was 294 ft. It pretty cool to me that we have these trucks set so close.

Competition is tough. There is a guy with a KTA and another with a mechanical Cat that has spent a ton at Columbus Diesel. They're always one and two. Both blew their motors up in the pull off. Then there are 4 of us that are with in 5-10 ft of each other

Combination of the rules and so many other things going on. My dad and I bought a boat last summer and I bought a house last fall. Just rather be doing one of those two things than pulling, honestly. We started going to local car shows, which are so cool because everyone loves our trucks and we get to see some cool rides.

We started this class 4 years ago and had what I thought was a great set of rules that would keep everyone in check. But the club never wanted to uphold them and a couple of guys with big money got to making the rules and it is out of control. With our rules th PA Posse or East Coast Pullers Limited Semi class could come pull in our club.

Pulling and motorsports in general are bad business. The percentage of winnings to money spent is so low it would make any man rethink. Also, not to mention the time commitment. You're on the road for 3-4 months or more out of the year. I can see why Larabee wants to sell.

I used to love it, even when I wasn't winning I still enjoyed it. But outside of Fonda. The next closest pull is 3 hours away. When it was me and my then "wife to be it" wasn't a big deal, but now with a house, my own shop, and a baby on the way, its real hard to make the time, not to mention I don't think my current truck would do as good. It is a ton of fun, and I never broke anything. The people at the pulls were always great to hang out with too.

I used to love it, even when I wasn't winning I still enjoyed it. But outside of Fonda. The next closest pull is 3 hours away. When it was me and my then "wife to be it" wasn't a big deal, but now with a house, my own shop, and a baby on the way, its real hard to make the time, not to mention I don't think my current truck would do as good. It is a ton of fun, and I never broke anything. The people at the pulls were always great to hang out with too.

Its not about winning or loosing. Its about having a competitive class where all the equipment is within 15-20 ft. The guys winning are putting 75-100 ft on us. That shouldn't be happening in a street semi club class with an established set of rules. We're allowed to run a 4.1' turbo.... That is not a street class.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy it. My dad and I have a little competition going. We're generally 1-2 ft of each other.

Western NY Pro Pulling Series Marilla 2017 - YouTube

Guys cut and weld frames to stretch them or shorten them all the time. Best option would be to double from after it is cut and stretched or at lease plate it.

But what if I want a nice smooth frame rail?!

Piece of copper or aluminum on the back side to give the weld something to build to. Crank er up and melt it in. Pop the plate off when done and move on.

Piece of copper or aluminum on the back side to give the weld something to build to. Crank er up and melt it in. Pop the plate off when done and move on.

That's what I was thinking

There's a **** ton of holes in the last 2-3' of OEM frame on this fl60

Last edited:
Back