Primer Gray P-Pump 1st Gen Build

You can use a 12v mechanical pump with some different plumbing. Remove the fuel heater (unless you need it) and run a larger fuel filter. Fleet guard has a different part number that will work for this. You’ll need the delete nipple.

Look in the Geno’s catalog.

Already have the nipple and the fuel heater is gone. Expecting a Geno's order today as a matter of fact.

Cam is out. Ready to reassemble with the ppump parts.
9_EFE9_F52_7_D2_C_4762_B61_D_440_B532877_ED.jpg

B050_F002_B884_4_ABE_AB15_DCAABA1_B74_B2.jpg

KDP will be getting addressed.

3_B646_DD1_9_D6_C_4_B9_B_A985_479_C35_BD133_A.jpg

Piston pump works great, loctite/stake VE front seal, regulate pump down to 20 psi (regulator or softer spring in pump)

3/8 lines seem to be plenty, personally i get rid of all the stock plumbing & filter and run baldwin bases with Cat filters. There is quite an improvement in fueling getting rid of all the banjo fittings

I like this idea. I was already leaning this direction.

I've heard a comp cams valve spring is being used, keeps the pump from "floating" at higher rpm's. Friend of mine did the upgrade and said it was a big improvement. I can get you the part number if no one knows off hand.

Thank you Jason!

What about the oil feed to the p-pump?

I deleted the heat exchanger and installed a coolant bypass on my 05. Can’t recall the plumbing situation though. I’ll have to look at my truck this evening.

Check out the coolant bypass from Fleece. I think they have instructions online of what is removed.

Back