Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I ran the 285/75-24.5 HSR2’s (don’t remember what ply) on a spread axle belt trailer hauling feed into dairys in the Texas panhandle. I got 110-120,000 miles out of them. Never had one fail.

Probably didn’t load them quite as heavy (per tire) as you do, but sure did a lot of turning on gravel. I always thought they held up well.

Yea they seem to be as good as the Generals that came on the trailer. Just don’t like them to bulge loaded. Michelin’s no matter how much air you have in them look overloaded and that attracts unwanted attention.

Had just under 83,000 net on in this pic and the front and rear axle are up, they look pretty good.
940ca776eda3254b232a52fc5f278a3c.jpg

Fingers crossed, just put 8 HSR2 16ply on my trailer. All the ones that failed here were the same model tire that they don't make anymore. Friends have had amazing luck out of the HDL2 DL drive's and they're the only 16ply 285/75R24.5 made here. No one else makes a heavy LP 24.5
You mean with drive pattern ? At least I found many 16plys just googling but they were all steer tyres.

Bridgestone have for steers , Ecopia R283A
I don't need them on the steering is the issue, it's when the lift axles are up and I'll have 60K+ on the drives on a hot day that like having the heavier tires. Everything else I've got has been converted to 11R22.5 except this truck. I've thought about just buying wheels but I like the looks of the larger wheels. I guess when it comes time to buy tires I'll have to make a decision.

I don't need them on the steering is the issue, it's when the lift axles are up and I'll have 60K+ on the drives on a hot day that like having the heavier tires. Everything else I've got has been converted to 11R22.5 except this truck. I've thought about just buying wheels but I like the looks of the larger wheels. I guess when it comes time to buy tires I'll have to make a decision.
Why keep lift axles up at that heavy weights ?

Various legal reasons. Like not on correct route, no overweight permit or in states that don’t allow certain loads etc.

OK, more like illegal reasons. I hope those US axles can take that load, lots of problems in Middle-East with US trucks. Usually they change to Mercedes hubreduction axles and build new frame to take those loads that is a norm there.

OK, more like illegal reasons. I hope those US axles can take that load, lots of problems in Middle-East with US trucks. Usually they change to Mercedes hubreduction axles and build new frame to take those loads that is a norm there.

Yep they’ve been doing it for years. DSP40’s and up take it like a champ. Same with Hendrickson trailer axles. The HT series will crack between the U bolts when they get old but the Intraax have no issues as long as you get the big bearings and oil hubs. Can’t say the same for SAF Holland.
288e588770ce3a06ac476dd81b95cf20.jpg

Na can’t be its a European company.

my American junk takes it like a champ.

I cant see anything with external welds like that surviving in a harsh environment. Even if you get the welds perfect there is still stress. There's a reason the Intraax design came out.

I cant see anything with external welds like that surviving in a harsh environment. Even if you get the welds perfect there is still stress. There's a reason the Intraax design came out.

Well most of the issues are people caring more about empty weight vs strength. Care more about the potential of making $.03 more per load that totally gets burnt with one repair.

Well most of the issues are people caring more about empty weight vs strength. Care more about the potential of making $.03 more per load that totally gets burnt with one repair.

Who cares if it wont last?

Speaking of lasting, was under my trailer today. Haven't greased it in months so I wanted to have a close look to see if I done goofed. The s-cam has a dust boot of sorts between the slack and s-cam tunnel. So I cleaned them off completely before greasing so I could see exactly what I was dealing with. Sad to say it did take about 10 pumps before grease started coming out, but it was completely clean! Not bad for a 5 year old trailer. The s-cams are absolutely tight.

I love this Schaeffers grease.

Sarcasm is wasted on text.

I hadn't seen any of the combination coil wagons with the 5th wheel until you guys post that picture a week or so ago, and yesterday I passed two KW and a Pete headed north on 65 pulling them.

Any pictures of them with the trailing wagon on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sarcasm is wasted on text.

I hadn't seen any of the combination coil wagons with the 5th wheel until you guys post that picture a week or so ago, and yesterday I passed two KW and a Pete headed north on 65 pulling them.

Any pictures of them with the trailing wagon on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My old set.
c3c3ad8fbb3dfd0c294b35967713c6fa.jpg

Back