Truckers, lets see your rigs!

A little help if you would guys.

1994 Western Star
Told it was a C7 but its so freaking nasty I can't prove that yet. Mechanical inline pump on the passenger side looks like a P7100's bigger brother.
Replaced the fuel shutoff solenoid because the hot post was stripped.
Picks and chooses when it wants to idle.
Come in first thing in the morning and start it up with one required tap of the throttle and it may idle for an hour it may idle for 30 minutes and cut itself off.
Take it down the road get some heat in it and it will idle any time you stop.
BUT… get to a jobsite and unload let it cool down a little and it will not idle when you get ready to leave. Can make turning around quite a PITA because its got floater fronts and doesn't turn sharp and I get into some tight places.
Get a mile down the road and all is well again and it idles just fine at any red light or stop sign.

1994 Western Star
Told it was a C7 but its so freaking nasty I can't prove that yet. Mechanical inline pump on the passenger side looks like a P7100's bigger brother.
Come in first thing in the morning and start it up with one required tap of the throttle and it may idle for an hour it may idle for 30 minutes and cut itself off.
BUT… get to a jobsite and unload let it cool down a little and it will not idle when you get ready to leave. Can make turning around quite a PITA because its got floater fronts and doesn't turn sharp and I get into some tight places.
Get a mile down the road and all is well again and it idles just fine at any red light or stop sign.

It is definitely not a C7 being a 94, you sure it’s not a 3406b?? The only small mechanical motor would be the 3116 which is a pile.

1994 Western Star

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It was the only other inline pump motor I could think of. Either way its definitely not a c7 lol

Like I said that's what the owners told me when I hired on.

Our other truck is a 2004 Freightliner that has a C7 250hp according to the spec sheet in the cab. It wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cat's behind regardless.

Any ideas on my actual problem with the StarCar?

Our other truck is a 2004 Freightliner that has a C7 250hp according to the spec sheet in the cab. It wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cat's behind regardless.

Dors that have those fuct up injector cups like a 3116? I had one give me fits like that a while ago. Iput a 3126 fuel regulator on tbe return side and it solved the issue . easnt the correct fix but it was a good bandaid untill thetruck was actually retired

I'm not sure on the 3306 but the previous version of it was the 333 and they had an idle buffer in the pump that could go bad, my d6c does some weird idle stuff sometimes. Does it do anything else weird? Runs smooth down the road?

1994 Western Star
3306 with a passenger side IP.

Not sure on the shutoff. First guess is worn governor but could be a poor ground on the ground path.

Just rewired a 3116 with a worn shutoff solenoid. Jackasses put a 10gauge wire jumper where the 50A mega fuse belonged. Burnt every wire junction point in the OEM harness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

94 5ek with a fresh overhaul.
Wastegate is plugged off. Some times it’ll make 41lbs in a hard pull, others it may only make about 35-36.
It’s supposed to be 550/1850 but boss says he just doesn’t feel like it runs like it should.
Then everyone now and then after the rebuild, go to take off, it’ll sputter just a touch and kinda smoke a little blue.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

94 5ek with a fresh overhaul.
Wastegate is plugged off. Some times it’ll make 41lbs in a hard pull, others it may only make about 35-36.
It’s supposed to be 550/1850 but boss says he just doesn’t feel like it runs like it should.
Then everyone now and then after the rebuild, go to take off, it’ll sputter just a touch and kinda smoke a little blue.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boost is normal, cam gear could be cracked and if no one looked they wouldn’t have seen it.
529c189237a5919bf855cc12e6b89be6.jpg

I’ve personally never seen one but friend chased a miss low power and random engine speed sensor fault for weeks. A mutual friend told him to check the gear because he’s had 3 break on the old 40pin engines and sure enough it was.

Low power could be fuel pressure, crap file or the fact it’s just a gutless 40pin with all stock parts.

Back