1/2 ton diesel Ram 3 day sales stats.

its amazing how reluctant the domestic manufactures have been to offer more diesels.
VW has been selling every one they make with far less if any discounts offered compared to their gas models.
The german luxury SUV's and cars have been selling well with diesels

Hell, even the Jeep Liberty CRD's sold two to three times what they had forecasted

and yet the tone of the article is the writer is a bit surprised with the demand.

If GM would have just offered the 4.5 Dmax several years ago, they could have cleaned up in the truck market......but now they get to watch the Ram do it.

if a RCSB diesel was offered, I'd own one.

Last edited:
It's BS that we've had to wait this long. If the government was that worried about mpg vehicles, they would be pushing this stuff rather than hybrids the last 10 years. I'm trying to get my dad in one of these.

You guys...

Nissan and Toyota are getting the 5.0 V8 Cummins in the next 2 years, Nissan showcased a Frontier with a 2.8L Cummins, and GM showcased the new Colorado and Canyons with a 2.8L Duramax.

a8ugamev.jpg

ymeda5a7.jpg

All of the manufacturers missed the boat a little, IMO. Imagine what things would've been like if this stuff became available 10 years ago. Pre-emissions....

I'd stay far away from the 2.8. I do like the 5.0, but want to see the public put miles on them. The test trucks have been doing ok, but they are told how to drive. Not a lot of variance, or chance for someone to drive like a goon in one to see how it behaves. I also like the idea behind the sequential turbos on the street 5.0, but I'd rather have the "military" version with a larger single :evil I think with some aftermarket help, the 5 liter could potentially be a mean little machine. And since they were originally part of the contract with Chrysler slated for the 1500, they were designed to be drop in anywhere a Hemi would fit.....

All of the manufacturers missed the boat a little, IMO. Imagine what things would've been like if this stuff became available 10 years ago. Pre-emissions....

There was a big push for more diesels in smaller vehicles 8-10 year ago, but when fuel prices started reaching new highs most of them were scrapped. Fuel prices have been pretty stable now and everything is starting to come back around. I'm a little worried that fuel prices with start to rise once there are more diesel vehicles. Supply and demand.

I remember going to the dodge dealer years ago and they told me the Chrysler 200 was getting the VW tdi engine but I guess politics puts a damper on giving us the goods. Go figure :S

I'd stay far away from the 2.8. I do like the 5.0, but want to see the public put miles on them. The test trucks have been doing ok, but they are told how to drive. Not a lot of variance, or chance for someone to drive like a goon in one to see how it behaves. I also like the idea behind the sequential turbos on the street 5.0, but I'd rather have the "military" version with a larger single :evil I think with some aftermarket help, the 5 liter could potentially be a mean little machine. And since they were originally part of the contract with Chrysler slated for the 1500, they were designed to be drop in anywhere a Hemi would fit.....

Where are you getting a close look at the 5.0

I work at the Cummins Technical Center in Columbus, IN. I've seen the 5.0 ISV (it's known in house as LDD for Light Duty Diesel), on and off since the first few prototypes were built and being tested back in '07.

I work at the Cummins Technical Center in Columbus, IN. I've seen the 5.0 ISV (it's known in house as LDD for Light Duty Diesel), on and off since the first few prototypes were built and being tested back in '07.

Makes more sense now. I am a tech for Bridgeway and have not been able to see it yet. Very interested in checking it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes more sense now. I am a tech for Bridgeway and have not been able to see it yet. Very interested in checking it out

It's nothing mind blowing. But it should hopefully shake up the US diesel market a bit. I'm also excited to get my hands on one as an engine by itself and drop it into a charger or challenger. Easy peasy. Like I said, it was originally designed to match chrysler's requirements. the 2 big ones i remember is it had to fit ANYWHERE a hemi engine would, and it couldn't produce more horsepower than the hemi LOL

"If they would drop one in a challenger I'd have to try one out!

Back