Narrowing a Rockwell

We are #135 in a 17-145 axle with 106 spindles, and rear cover off
Loaded aluminum center, spool, aluminum bearing support #200
Axles are #40 each with drivers
Aluminum hubs are #25 with bearings and races
So #460 ish complete. Give or take for the aluminum rear cover and axle nutz

After visiting Keystone nationals this weekend and poking around at the trucks in the pits, I was pleased to see that Andrew Grove's 3.6 truck with cuts is running what appears to be a mostly stock 20145 with an aluminum dropout, Kecks 6 bolt hubs, stock spindles, and stock axles. Makes me feel better about not breaking anything at the 3.0/LPS level.

After visiting Keystone nationals this weekend and poking around at the trucks in the pits, I was pleased to see that Andrew Grove's 3.6 truck with cuts is running what appears to be a mostly stock 20145 with an aluminum dropout, Kecks 6 bolt hubs, stock spindles, and stock axles. Makes me feel better about not breaking anything at the 3.0/LPS level.
And also running a dana 60 which is a ticking time bomb, but to each their own...

Last edited:
Anyone filled one of these things with oil yet? How much does it take? And what's everyone running for oil in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone filled one of these things with oil yet? How much does it take? And what's everyone running for oil in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just filled mine the other day, took like 4-5 gallons of 80w90. Next time I'd defiantly consider foaming some of it

To each their own is right...

We only run 2.5 gallons. Plenty of oil, save you a little weight

I can't see why you couldn't limit the oil without an issue. How much heat would be generated at the hub at wheel speeds of a puller for 300'?

I can't see why you couldn't limit the oil without an issue. How much heat would be generated at the hub at wheel speeds of a puller for 300'?

You can limit it, however I am guessing at the lower quantities the level in the pumpkin is low enough it won't allow oil out to the spindles. There are several ways that I can think of to address oil to the spindles.

This saves a lot of weight and gets your oil capacity down to around 2.5 gal.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486037686277.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486037686277.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
its not only the speed, it's pressure and force. Next guys are gonna start trying to get away with running 1.5 gallon in the engine LOL

Back