Rules

I caught wind of possible hitch adjuster support location rule adjustments.

I'd like to see cab floors being allowed to be cut out for ease of clutch adjustment and we have some 3.6 trucks that would like to jump down.

Id be fine with no cab floors. Its kind of a gray area anyway. Most have a section of their floor cut out to make changing gears easier already.

The NTPA rule set has no changes and is at the printer already so I hope that PPL would not make a change at this point. The great thing about this class right now is that you can go just about anywhere in the county with the same set of rules. If one is going to make a change then both need to do it.

The NTPA rule set has no changes and is at the printer already so I hope that PPL would not make a change at this point. The great thing about this class right now is that you can go just about anywhere in the county with the same set of rules. If one is going to make a change then both need to do it.
That would be a novel idea!!

Hitch rules is all ive heard of. Cause was a big problem in the pro stock class for badger state. As for the cab floors most i know have the floor cut for the drop box and all that to fit. Least i do.

Western series rules meeting was today. Changes that were favored are cab floors and fire walls can be removed, no top hitch adjusters, fuel rule changes to 150. Traction control was a hot topic but till they find a way to tech for it, I guess it's legal?

Although not technically a rule change for NTPA since it is already in the rules, vertical adjusters coming up from the bottom will be enforced next year like it is on the SS, its my understanding that PPL will do the same/similar

Although not technically a rule change for NTPA since it is already in the rules, vertical adjusters coming up from the bottom will be enforced next year like it is on the SS, its my understanding that PPL will do the same/similar

Do you have a pic of these vertical adjusters

The adjusters are above the hitch attached to a cross-member tied to the frame and above the hitch (see example). Most are below the hitch attached to a cross-member.

As for traction control Eliminate Radar, Gps, and all driveline speed sensors.

It's a dammed shame a few bad apples ruins things for the vast majority that play fairly.

Attachments

• hitch ex.JPG
    hitch ex.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The violator was bottomed at 26" while tightened. The hitch would not move lower but would move several inches higher during the run. This was due to both the geometry and slotting of the eyelets of the adjusters that were on the top side. The pic I have shown is not the hitch in question. Ask yourself...how much farther would any of us pull with a 28" or even 30" hitch height?
The real issue with "said" truck is the traction control.....and there are other "duramaxas" that run it. That part the officials cannot yet police.

d070b92bc0f3397f259b89e351e48d7d.jpg

I don’t have a picture handy, but this is how it reads in the book. Most if not all of the SS trucks I have seen at NTPA events have adjusters coming straight down vertically from the hitch to a crossmember directly underneath which as I understand it is what will be required in NTPA now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just to be clear, the picture posted by prostockpuller would be illegal. Since the adjusters are attached above the centerline of axle rather than below it?

Back