Rules

Ron, your apology was followed by another ”If” statement... boy,I have some bad luck at bad times I guess so I have some parts you can look at? how about some data logs or some time with my truck to look things over next time you see it? Education is everything when It comes to these types of issues....And I’ll assure you, degrees arnt Earned on here...

Just my 2 cents:

I prolly know as much as anyone else in the class about the operating systemS on “said truck“ in the class that’s causing this uproar and I still consider myself not informed enuf about the situation to address it properly and completely!

I run a separate Corsa data logger system just so I have no speed sensors feeding the ecm so it knows no speed but Engine rpm. I have always set mine up that way Bosch or factory Ecm, just to prove my honesty if this situation ever arose....

the no ground or shaft speed across the board seems the best for a rule but enforcement will be hard because every wire will have to be traced and every truck searched for the hardware and getting that done on a repeat basis will be tuff. I think the enforcement will most likely be on a protest basis. With rules in place a protest still causes tension among the pullers and makes us out as the “baby’s” to the other classes and officials at a pull... That is if someone has the guts to protest and not just talk on book face or comp D. This will only be enforced or questions on electronic trucks so the mechanical guys will go back to collecting their speed data when it really is useful because they know no one will protest a truck that is much less likely to be equipt with traction control.

I have no ez answer. lets all remember more Rules usually have more of a negative affect on the honest participants than the ones who they were intended to police... if we all tried harder to get along and remembered respect is earned not given this would be a lot ezer!

Last edited:
The adjustment bar is going down is exactly how the hitch rules are written in the 4wd drive modified class.
When we rebuilt my hitch we build it the same as my father's mod rules allowed, and the reason we did that is saying with the diesel classes being younger than the modified class more than likely our rules will follow them.
I'm sure everyone's gonna get into an uproar when they want tethered driveshaft loops lake the modified trucks. You guys can complain about whoever is responsible for the rules being changed - that wont chage what's already in print. It's not like they just made a $6000 Turbo obsolete

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ron, your apology was followed by another ”If” statement... boy,I have some bad luck at bad times I guess so I have some parts you can look at? how about some data logs or some time with my truck to look things over next time you see it? Education is everything when It comes to these types of issues....And I’ll assure you, degrees arnt Earned on here...

Just my 2 cents:

I prolly know as much as anyone else in the class about the operating systemS on “said truck“ in the class that’s causing this uproar and I still consider myself not informed enuf about the situation to address it properly and completely!

I run a separate Corsa data logger system just so I have no speed sensors feeding the ecm so it knows no speed but Engine rpm. I have always set mine up that way Bosch or factory Ecm, just to prove my honesty if this situation ever arose....

the no ground or shaft speed across the board seems the best for a rule but enforcement will be hard because every wire will have to be traced and every truck searched for the hardware and getting that done on a repeat basis will be tuff. I think the enforcement will most likely be on a protest basis. With rules in place a protest still causes tension among the pullers and makes us out as the “baby’s” to the other classes and officials at a pull... That is if someone has the guts to protest and not just talk on book face or comp D. This will only be enforced or questions on electronic trucks so the mechanical guys will go back to collecting their speed data when it really is useful because they know no one will protest a truck that is much less likely to be equipt with traction control.

I have no ez answer. lets all remember more Rules usually have more of a negative affect on the honest participants than the ones who they were intended to police... if we all tried harder to get along and remembered respect is earned not given this would be a lot ezer!

Im with ya here sir, We want to go to a bosch but don't want sterotyped into the self driving trucks. I say exactly what you doing is the answer to it all, if pullers wanna run a bosch ecu,they have to run a total separate data log system...end of story.
no air/fuel ratio sensors, no speed sensors of any kind. Throttle, injector plugs, cam and crank sensors and run it!

As far as if anyone thinks we are running traction control, I say lets party in the parking lot!

An Honest 2nd place wins in my book!

Last edited:
Im with ya here sir, We want to go to a bosch but don't want sterotyped into the self driving trucks. I say exactly what you doing is the answer to it all, if pullers wanna run a bosch ecu,they have to run a total separate data log system...end of story.
no air/fuel ratio sensors, no speed sensors of any kind. Throttle, injector plugs, cam and crank sensors and run it!

I feel like if you allow the Bosch standalone at all you are opening yourself up for even more cheating. If its in there, it would be hard to police how its being used.

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer "CAUSING TROUBLE" JOHN HUMPE.Quit avoiding who we all have known all summer.?

So before personally accusing someone that you are not 100% sure is cheating your should check your facts and know 100% before you come out bashing people. I know personally that the said trucks in question are not running traction control and if you dont believe me you can personally message me and I would be glad to provide you with the ecm serial numbers to both trucks so you can call exergy or Bosch motorsports directly and confirm it threw them. With that being said for that information you would need to quit hiding behind the keyboard first.

So before personally accusing someone that you are not 100% sure is cheating your should check your facts and know 100% before you come out bashing people. I know personally that the said trucks in question are not running traction control and if you dont believe me you can personally message me and I would be glad to provide you with the ecm serial numbers to both trucks so you can call exergy or Bosch motorsports directly and confirm it threw them. With that being said for that information you would need to quit hiding behind the keyboard first.

I believe they are referring to him for his hitch

Aren't there a couple inputs on a factory Dmax ECM that could be used for cutting power back by a really smart tuner?

Maybe not a full blown traction control per se but something mild that could be used to advantage?

I am talking about the hitch,100% sure.OSTPA DQ'D HIM & all points this year & next year.Not bashing just stating facts.You can get ahold of Kenny Lucas pres.of OSTPA if you don't believe me.Like the saying goes:0 Fuc$s given.:blahblah1:

Well the PPL banquet was the other night. Did we hear anything?

From what I heard:

Limited Pro: Must have metal floor but removed "OEM"

All FWD: Hitch adjusters must go down and forward

Diesel Fuel: change from 100 to 150 limit (personally our pump fuel was 78-84 with nothing added)

No electronic traction control devices

From what I heard:

Limited Pro: Must have metal floor but removed "OEM"

All FWD: Hitch adjusters must go down and forward

Diesel Fuel: change from 100 to 150 limit (personally our pump fuel was 78-84 with nothing added)

No electronic traction control devices
Removed OEM Hate it when they do that wording. Just opens up to much. Granted most have alot the cab floors for the drop box and ****. Now the fuel rule is that for just trucks or all of PPL. In badger state its been a big thing talked about last few years.

How much floor? I have OEM floor under my seat but the rest is gone. Did they give an amount needed?

Removed OEM Hate it when they do that wording. Just opens up to much. Granted most have alot the cab floors for the drop box and ****. Now the fuel rule is that for just trucks or all of PPL. In badger state its been a big thing talked about last few years.

How much floor? I have OEM floor under my seat but the rest is gone. Did they give an amount needed?

All diesel classes on the fuel rule.

You still have to have a full metal cab floor and firewall from what I understand but they will allow you to have a removable/modified section to allow for the reverser and to adjust your clutch, hence it's no longer OEM but a full metal floor and firewall must exist.

That drawing looks like a 2nd grader did it.. gonna be alot of guys cutting up there trucks this year I'll bet... what was wrong with the wording "stationary in all directions"?? That seems pretty solid wording with no grey area about it..

Honestly, It's not that much work to change the adjusters to face downward and in my opinion the truck will hook better if done right.
The real issue is slotting of the fastening points of the adjusters. Even though the adjusters point down, slotting hidden behind washers could potentially allow the hitch to tug above the 26" height while under a load. it will be one more thing for officials to look for.

While everyone's attention is at the rear of the truck, now would be a good time to "extend" the length of the weight box if you're good at cheating?

Back