Fleece stand-alone VNT in Action.

Be careful with that 6.7 stock turbo. LOTS of drive pressure. I'd stay away from the stocker for the 6.7. Though, it may work fine on the 5.9 cuz of less exhaust from the chambers...maybe?? I'm grasping at straws here. I just know the stock VGTs when on the 6.7s suck, and not in a good way. Though I do know that Fleece offers an upgraded 6.7 VGT which I will be looking into in the future then maybe an S400 on top....

You're at the mercy of somebody elses tuning though!

When these VGT's are opened up they're quite nice. We're making 45psi on a stock one with the turbo all the way opened. Drive is right around 50psi.

Be careful with that 6.7 stock turbo. LOTS of drive pressure. I'd stay away from the stocker for the 6.7. Though, it may work fine on the 5.9 cuz of less exhaust from the chambers...maybe?? I'm grasping at straws here. I just know the stock VGTs when on the 6.7s suck, and not in a good way. Though I do know that Fleece offers an upgraded 6.7 VGT which I will be looking into in the future then maybe an S400 on top....

the factory tuning maintains high drive pressure for the emissions stuff to work properly

What would we be looking at for cost on the controller? Have a Holset VGT coming to put on my '99. Was initially looking to control it manually, but I'm liking the controller idea.

Will there be 2 versions? One for auto trucks and one for hand shakers? No need for stuff to control a lock up clutch or raise line pressure to prevent clutch pack slippage in a manual with the engine braking.

I've already got a plugged port on my exhaust manifold for a drive pressure input or gauge. :D

There is no lockup control or line pressure control in this controller for the Holset. It's purely a VGT controller. Pricing will be sub 500.00. I'll know more about a delivery date after this weekend.

not trying to hijack thread but does this turbo spool faster than stg 3 garrett powermax? Would be really nice to have an exhaust brake though too

he HE351VGT will spool faster than dang near anything! LOL

but I guarantee the 64/71 Garrett based VNT turbo that I have on my truck will outspool a stage 3 powermax!!!!

what vgt turbos would this box run? i guess what i'm getting at is i have a 62/65/14 on now. Would i be able to get a vgt type turbo as big or bigger then i have now that will fit on my truck.

Back