Fleece stand-alone VNT in Action.

a VGT will be really quiet just cruising around... the sound of the turbine during exhaust brake function makes up for the CR turbo location IMO.

it's SO much easier to use a 6.7 manifold, and you have an easy mounting flange for an external gate w/ the 6.7 manifold. If I do a VGT, I will definitely be doing a 6.7 manifold

Thanks for the info.

I guess if I want to go with this a 6.7 manifold will do.

What no HD video?? HAHAH.

That thing works great!!! Now just get the Exhaust brake tuned in and your golden.

They're in HD goober ;) Use the HD button in YouTube.

The exhaust brake works pretty well, but you really need to use the lockup switch on the auto to make it work best.

I'm itching to try a manual trans truck!

I'm itching to try a manual trans truck!

I've got a manual. :D I'll try and get a video posted after everything is here and installed.

Still need the controller and 2 other parts, then I can get to work. :D

We'll see how the stock clutch will like things. LOL The BD Stealth pump cover got here today for using with the Edge box, so I can tap the pump wire now. The clutch and engine will probably be doing this :stab: :stab: LOL

I guess i need to get my truck back over there to ya dont i Brayden ... LOL

I need to get a flat bed or a trailer to get it over to ya guys ... :bang:bang

What turbo in particular are you running?

Garrett hypermax/GT3788 7 blade compressor wheel... 63.5x88mm

with a 70.5mm exducer 10 blade turbine. not sure what the exact turbine wheel is. perhaps Brayden can chime in?

in a .9x A/R VNT turbine housing

it flows very well at full open... I run the vanes at 28% IIRC, and that yields me 38psi at full boogie with the 230hp Smarty TNT 9 tune

I believe Fleece has made 650ish with the same exact turbo at 45-50psi... not sure what the duty cycle was on the VNT solenoid at those numbers, but the point is, I have definite room to grow, and I have better spool up than the II 62/65-.80 I had on the truck before :)

I've only crested 1400* EGT a few times with this turbo at only 38psi... I run a conservative boost level due to stock gasket and bolts and the EGT's are the same as my 62/71 and 62/65 were at 42psi

I think the quick spool and low drive pressure helps to keep EGT's at bay despite the lower boost level

Hey brayden. Have you guys dyno the he351ve after the install yet to see what the power changes are. Cause with the spool up so fast torque has to be more then stock and the power curve I think would be differant to. And my stock he351 only hits 30psi and you or one of your tester (can't remeber which one ) said they were getting 45psi so hp should be a little differant to. I am still gonna buy one just would be nice to see what and if anything changes

And has any one herd of any compressor upgrades yet. I know there is one company but I think they wanted like 1,000 to do it which is crazy.

any word on the release date and price yet? i'm thinking about doing this on my truck? i wonder if this will be a better turbo for my truck. i'll be installing a new intercooler, head studs, smarty, grid delete, air horn, bag of parts for the cp3 and a few other goodies soon.

1998.5-2005 are finished up and ready to go.. I have to make a software change to the Common rail controllers before they ship but there are a couple that are already sold.

The VP44 is finished completely and several have been shipped and are running.

will the exhuast brake function work just like it does on the 6.7...as in when you let off the throttle it will apply the brake after a few seconds?

Back