Black Beauty Build Thread

So when pulling this beast it squats the truck wayyyy more than I would like and axle wraps a lot also.

1c865a12bc6ad95dcbb3333f9a376fb4.jpg

So I bought some factory overloads and a Carli mini pack and installed them on the truck. Hopefully this helps next time. Still might need some traction bars?

42a23d385714f7faf87f93261075ad2a.jpg

57559b0bc40adb68cca8ca3201fe1dbc.jpg

dcec2efe9896cf4568c4fc80c913f042.jpg

327e3ad72b50dedbea19ab422cd21398.jpg

2d18d029b4923c531553877299dae711.jpg

I think it lifted the rear about a 1/2 or so. Hopefully it will settle down some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets see the full tour. Did you build it? Have you put it on the scales? That would like nice on a piece of property in the hills!

Post some pics of the inside of the camper/trailer. I just bought a 30ft 5th wheel to live in while they rebuild our house, flooded. That one would be nice, I like it.

Lets see the full tour. Did you build it? Have you put it on the scales? That would like nice on a piece of property in the hills!

I built the whole thing myself including the trailer. It's been a long slow process working on it in between a full time job and two kids and a wife.

I haven't scaled it yet, but it's probably every bit of 15k or more maybe idk? Last time I hauled it the only scale place on the way was closed.

Yeah hopefully I'll be done in the next few months and can try living in it.

how Did you like that move bumper?

I like it. I've seen better styles but didn't want to fork out the money for them and they weren't WIY. It fit together very well though. Was very easy to weld up. I still have more to do to it like getting the winch on it and building a full grill and fog lights etc.

Post some pics of the inside of the camper/trailer. I just bought a 30ft 5th wheel to live in while they rebuild our house, flooded. That one would be nice, I like it.

Ok so here is a brief inside tour. I apologize it's a little of a mess and I still have work to do but here it is:

Brief TH Tour - YouTube

Damnit man! That's a lot of work and time you've poured into your house on wheels. Much nicer than anything you can buy today.

Hopefully you are staying around south Texas with it. Doesn't look head wind friendly.

Thanks. Yeah I definitely don’t planning on moving it but a couple more times at the most. And yes it’s way more money and time than I ever first imagined it would be

So the truck has been running great but lately I’ve been getting the p0191 code more often. As far as I can tell it’s random. There doesn’t seem to be a common event that sets it off. I’ve researched and read till my eyes bleed about this code and can’t really get any closure on it. All the fuel parts are new except the CP3. Is my truck secretly trying to tell me the CP3 is getting weak? The only thing it does out of the ordinary is hiccup a little when it’s idling. Like it barely drops a cylinder or late fires or something but that happens very random/sporadic and doesn’t seem to be contributed to any certain condition either.

Any thoughts or suggestions? About to make a 2500 mile trip. Hope it doesn’t decide to break on my while I’m out.

No help on the code but that’s some awesome work on the trailer, Bravo!

Travis (06 DIESEL) had a similar problem he chased for a while. I have the thread saved somewhere in a very important place for times such as these. Search threads he created and you should find plenty to read.

I like that it seems to be a nice size! So much of the junk I see on the shows seems to be sized down so it can be pulled easier. I just laugh. There is tiny and then there is unusable tiny.

Back