Black Beauty Build Thread

Well I'm very disappointed with EBC brakes. I put this set on about 30-35k miles ago and the rotors are already below spec and the pad are almost gone. Maybe a few thousand more miles left in the pads. So this time around I'm going with Bosch rotors from oriellys and Wagner ceramic pads off Amazon. Not to mention the ebc brakes make a ton of bad brake dust and a little noise.

9ff7011ab94c41d259fbe204db7abccf.jpg

fdee236517c878431a76d65537dbe2d5.jpg

b29a0054b1726cad9106b41a1f22f605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't do ceramic. They suck on trucks, glaze really easy and don't stop worth a chit

Well I thought about just running them rotors but since I have it all down I don't want to pull it again for a while. Tired of working on the truck already lol. Already bought new rotors and pads so oh well. I don't think I tow heavy enough to really need semi-metallic. Well see how it goes.

I thought part of EBC's pitch was minimal brake dust. That's pretty poor life from pads and rotors. Have you tried contacting them about the longevity?

We have honestly had the best luck with Bendix rotors and Mopar OEM pass on these trucks. Also keeping the brakes working on the trailer helps.

I had ebc rotors on the front of mine and I got around 150k out of them before I changed them and I still could have gone more but already had the new stuff , also I run the green pads with good wear and minimal dust . I also take them and break them in per Ebc specs.
I'm fixin to order rears for mine pretty soon

These were yellow pads. I am going to contact them. They made horrible black brake dust that stuck bad. I also followed the brake in procedure. I think I am going to contact them.

fac35e33ed1539c27925cee919cd7b34.jpg

1049b017106a1176aade3a94e61876aa.jpg

You can see this side was just starting to contact the rotor. These were also brand new calipers also I put on with them. No sticking or hanging.

Finally finished those damn balljoints. They are a *****. One thing is if the pressing tool is not perfectly square and the ball joint isn't going in perfectly straight then it ain't gonna happen brotha lol.

Well I'm very disappointed with EBC brakes. I put this set on about 30-35k miles ago and the rotors are already below spec and the pad are almost gone. Maybe a few thousand more miles left in the pads. So this time around I'm going with Bosch rotors from oriellys and Wagner ceramic pads off Amazon. Not to mention the ebc brakes make a ton of bad brake dust and a little noise.

9ff7011ab94c41d259fbe204db7abccf.jpg

fdee236517c878431a76d65537dbe2d5.jpg

b29a0054b1726cad9106b41a1f22f605.jpg

Are you certain the yellows aren't the aggressive compound? I know they have one that specifically states that they will do what you have unless they are brought to temperature (racing)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

When I pressed my ball joints out, I had the axles up at shoulder level, with a high quality press and a 3/4" snap-on 5 foot rachet. When the joint came loose, I was pulling full bore, and I flipped in mid air all movie knockout like, and landed on my neck and shoulders on the shop floor. It was awesome.

I would contact them , they should last longer than that no matter what color . I was gonna change to the yellows but will just stick to the greens I guess .

Well I've contacted the seller through Amazon and they requested photos and said they are going to get in touch with EBC to see what they can do for me.

Well EBC said suck it up cupcake your out of warranty. I'll never recommend or buy EBC again. Just my experience with them.

EBC said that or your seller said that?

EBC said that or your seller said that?

My seller said EBC told them that, to relay to me. They included a little article from EBC stating warranty etc. It makes me think they asked them but who knows maybe they didn't.

So can someone spoon feed me the size of the steel transmission fluid line. I'm wanting to put my sending unit on the output line. Figuring on cutting he line and putting a tee in. Use compression fitting on line and npt on sender side.

Well EBC said suck it up cupcake your out of warranty

Sorry, I don't remember Eastwood answering to 'cupcake'. LOL

I don't have a third gen auto to size the line for ya. The second and first gens look like 1/2" maybe. Cut the line and use a flaring tool to bend up a little lip on the cut ends. Then, just rubber hose your T in.

Sorry, I don't remember Eastwood answering to 'cupcake'. LOL

I don't have a third gen auto to size the line for ya. The second and first gens look like 1/2" maybe. Cut the line and use a flaring tool to bend up a little lip on the cut ends. Then, just rubber hose your T in.

LOL.

Yeah that's one way to do it. If I can't find the size then I'll go that route. I like to minimize connections if I can though.

Well after ordering a 100 pack of o-rings from McMaster Carr I have solved the leak there for good. Now I'm just skeptical it's leaking at the quick connect hoses. ?

Wagner Thermoquiets and brembo blanks are what I have awesome luck with. Dead silent, low dust, plenty of stop. I've never changed rotors since I put em on 5 years ago.

Well EBC said suck it up cupcake your out of warranty. I'll never recommend or buy EBC again. Just my experience with them.

man, i wish i could have warned you before!

my shop is 50% atv and 50% cummins repair and EBC is bottom of the barrel EBAY junk in the ATV world. people bring them to me and i refuse to install them because of return labor issues.

sorry to hear it.

i always tell people....," look at how long the factory pads lasted"

Back