1000 hp single

I don't understand why someone would choose a cast pc
over a solid pc of alum. Unless for cost difference. That cast
pc is full of porosity, which means it has week spots.

What?

So you've had one in your hands and it had porosity in it?

Well the comment seems to imply that all castings are junk and full of porosity, and that simply isn't the case. All depends on who is doing the casting and how good the molding and feeding practices are.

FI was the company that suggested Garrett for me. They sound pretty good they are just expensive compared to a BW. I guess you gotta pay to play though. :st:

Yes the Garrett's due to the DBB design are a good bit pricier. We try to offer a complete range from entry level to high end 1 off's. :charger:

The Garrett stuff sounds very interesting im just not sure its gonna be in the budget after I get this engine built. I would bet that a ball bearing garrett with a billet wheel would spool way faster in my application. I have been drooling over them since I called. I haven't bought anything yet, and would love to have a garrett I just have to wait and see what kind of cash I have in the rest of this engine.

The Garrett stuff sounds very interesting im just not sure its gonna be in the budget after I get this engine built. I would bet that a ball bearing garrett with a billet wheel would spool way faster in my application. I have been drooling over them since I called. I haven't bought anything yet, and would love to have a garrett I just have to wait and see what kind of cash I have in the rest of this engine.

Well here is one alternative. We make the ET-R compressor wheels and have them now available for the Borg Warners as well.

index.php

index.php

well i have ran a 3" s400 without issue i just wonder how much larger i could go in a garrett due to the quicker spool?

I was very close to 1k with a 75/83 400. I tried a 480 with the same turbine and actually lost hp cause it wouldnt get on top of it quite as quick. With a stock ecm cr you have to always remember that you best fueling is in the 2800-3200 range and if you get a charger that doesnt light until its in that rpm range then you just built full boost after where your fuel was. You need to be at full boost around 22-2300 so that you get all the air right through the meat of the fuel.

Put on a an ecm that has no rpm limit then all of that is off. I have made well about 1k on a single with the Zuess and peaking around 4700rpms.

well i have ran a 3" s400 without issue i just wonder how much larger i could go in a garrett due to the quicker spool?

Swapping to the GTX4202 alone will net you another 10% in power. The 75mm comp wheel in the S400 flows 98lbs/min, vs the GTX wheel flows 115lbs/min, plus it does this at a higher PR which is what really limits single apps. Sometimes total flow is not restricted by mass flow like most think and in most gas apps that is the case, but pressure+mass flow is what dictates diesel HP.

it is an s480 to be exact and i was told with the race cover it would flow around 120-125# but i could be wrong thats just what i heard. what size is the gtx4202?

I was very close to 1k with a 75/83 400. I tried a 480 with the same turbine and actually lost hp cause it wouldnt get on top of it quite as quick. With a stock ecm cr you have to always remember that you best fueling is in the 2800-3200 range and if you get a charger that doesnt light until its in that rpm range then you just built full boost after where your fuel was. You need to be at full boost around 22-2300 so that you get all the air right through the meat of the fuel.

Put on a an ecm that has no rpm limit then all of that is off. I have made well about 1k on a single with the Zuess and peaking around 4700rpms.

Yeah the 83mm turbine and 80mm comp wheel is a bit underdriven. The 80mm comp wheel likes turbine flow around 45-50lbs/min on the turbine side. The 83 simply can't flow that. The 83mm turbine with a 1.25A/R flows a shade over 44lbs/min. The 87mm turbine wheel is needed to fully drive the wheel.

it is an s480 to be exact and i was told with the race cover it would flow around 120-125# but i could be wrong thats just what i heard. what size is the gtx4202?

The Borg Warner 480 with race cover flows 119lbs/min....MAX. The GTX is only a 76mm wheel.

Back