1000 hp single

i was hoping for that same number this year but didnt quite get a chance to really see how it would do. I was running flux 5.5's twins with one modded pump and an s480 with my 05 auto. i must say for what it was street driving wasnt bad at all. Luken has been in my truck on the street and he can vouch for how it lights a large turbo. It took it a bit too spool in 4lo but it would do it. this was with a helix2 cam and stock head. Never got a chance to get on a dyno but it was way stronger than my 475 flux4.3 setup by sop. good luck in your quest! i am confident it can be had with a little time tuning and getting the bugs worked out

i was hoping for that same number this year but didnt quite get a chance to really see how it would do. I was running flux 5.5's twins with one modded pump and an s480 with my 05 auto. i must say for what it was street driving wasnt bad at all. Luken has been in my truck on the street and he can vouch for how it lights a large turbo. It took it a bit too spool in 4lo but it would do it. this was with a helix2 cam and stock head. Never got a chance to get on a dyno but it was way stronger than my 475 flux4.3 setup by sop. good luck in your quest! i am confident it can be had with a little time tuning and getting the bugs worked out

What turbine wheel and housing did you have?

the 83/74 on a .90 housing will be great for spool up but hurts flow on the big end. thats where the external gate is needed.

So far most have recommended an 80mm S400 87mm turbine and .9 housing and race cover. The other reccomendation was a ball bearing gt47 88mm compressor, 92mm turbine. The garrett Im told spools faster and moves more air. Down side is it costs almost double what an s400 is. I have a few more calls to make and a couple weeks to decide what to do.

There are more sizes than just a 475 & 480. Like the 7 bladed billet wheels 76,78,80,83 that stainless diesel offers. They are lighter than the stock 8 bladed borg wheels and have better spool and flow. Just giving you some more options.

There are more sizes than just a 475 & 480. Like the 7 bladed billet wheels 76,78,80,83 that stainless diesel offers. They are lighter than the stock 8 bladed borg wheels and have better spool and flow. Just giving you some more options.

I talked to bullseye about the billet wheels. I think thats the way Im going to go. Im hoping I can do a billet wheel with a cover for 2.8 class. still undecided but I am leaning this way.

I think it can be done with the stock computer, we are over 900 with a s474 on fuel only and stock computer with no stacks

headwork and a good intake manifold will help greatly, id say get the helman over the banks

You will want to look at different intake than the Banks if you plan to run dual pumps. It is a major pain to refab everything to make it work, I had to mill the mounting pionts down to get the pump lower, then remake the mounting bracket, get a different serpetine belt, run a dual feed line from the top pump because the hard lines that come with it will not work, and the list goes on. Hellman, Toolman, and ZZ would all be easier to work with.

headwork and a good intake manifold will help greatly, id say get the helman over the banks
I already ordered banks and its on the way. I like the idea of a cast manifold over the welded stuff, I dont understand why soeone else doesnt cast a manifold. I hope that the Banks doesnt take a ton of extra fab for the dual pumps, it appeared all the bosses were on there. the banks manifold was alot cheaper than the welded intakes so im going to try it. If it doesnt work Ill do something different next time.

are you gonna try this with a large single pump or dual pumps
two stage 2 pumps from floor it.

Ive got the banks cast intake on mine seems to be working well. Hope they send you all the stuff for install. I had to call them a few times cause mine had some of the hardware missing. I plan on dual pumps this winter will be putting another II 120% on top of my other 120% pump.

I already ordered banks and its on the way. I like the idea of a cast manifold over the welded stuff, I dont understand why soeone else doesnt cast a manifold. I hope that the Banks doesnt take a ton of extra fab for the dual pumps, it appeared all the bosses were on there. the banks manifold was alot cheaper than the welded intakes so im going to try it. If it doesnt work Ill do something different next time.

I have no complaints about the way the Banks intake works on mine but if I had to do it over again I would either do a big single pump or a different side draft intake. The bosses are all on there but they are not even close to being in the right place, you will have to cut them down as far as you can and drill and tap them deeper, then completly refabricate your pump mounting bracket to get it moved forward enough to line up with the belt. Then the pump plumbing will have to be redone as well because of where the intake pipe comes in. I also bought the banks because it was a "deal" compared to the others out there but after all the extra work I would have gladly paid the extra for one that would bolt on and work. If you do end up doing the banks and you need pictures or advice from what I have let me know.

I don't understand why someone would choose a cast pc
over a solid pc of alum. Unless for cost difference. That cast
pc is full of porosity, which means it has week spots.

Back