Ucc 2017

Wtf?.... Ok in all due respect a year is plenty of R&D time for a transmission and is fully capable of making plenty of test passes prior to the event. They knew they were having trans issues leading into this, but again showing it was built for the DYNO glory! Which was a job well done..... for those that like useless power!

A year? Your making assumptions about the timeline they may or may not have had, on parts they may or may not have been able to get in time for the challenge.

A year? Your making assumptions about the timeline they may or may not have had, on parts they may or may not have been able to get in time for the challenge.

May 2016- April 17........yep that's about a year no matter what calendar you use!

Last edited:
Wtf?.... Ok in all due respect a year is plenty of R&D time for a transmission and is fully capable of making plenty of test passes prior to the event. They knew they were having trans issues leading into this, but again showing it was built for the DYNO glory! Which was a job well done..... for those that like useless power!

Plenty of time? You have no clue. Go rip apart your truck, decide to shoot for the moon, and start over. I'll try to keep it in lamens terms for you. They ripped out a regular pick up drive line and put in a racing trans and pulling transfer case in their truck. Now, these guys have regular jobs, or are trying to run a business and live their lives. A year isn't squat. Try getting it together, let a lone making test passes. Then throw the location factor in their. Most of these shops that competed in the UCC don't have any places open to go legally test. Even if II is building for dyno glory as you say.... They still did that even with issues. Go to a large event and see what kind of issues you have, actually competing and not setting on a bleacher bragging how your stuff is faster. Go compete. :bang:hehe:

Last edited:
While I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about performance auto's, I would think air could be too slow reacting, and that hydraulic would be the way to go.

The trans they went with is more similar to a manual trans than an automatic. It is an all out racing transmission. Rarely seen in anything as heavy as what they have. So, I'm sure they will have changes to come. Let alone the new launch procedures. A few of the big guys put clutches in front of the 48re's and got away from it due to launching inconsistency and many issues. Hopefully II and crew will get it to work for them.

Lenco style trannys have proven to not work great in heavy vehicles. Maybe doing a one off experimental trans for the event that you had drivetrain issues at last time wasn't a great choice?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just gonna say that the trans was picked out mid 2016.

Not going to hate on Baca. He is the driver and owner of the truck. His team on the other hand...

You're honestly simple if you cannot understand my point.

Your right, we should hand out participation trophies in lieu of poor planning!

Honestly your better off pulling out of the competition if your not able to even hang with the avg weekend warrior diesel dragster!

Then again pulling out isn't fun, and neither is blowing a big ole load all over the dyno and winning then going to the next two events to find out you've been smashing a welfare queen that's all flash and no cash!

Let's call this..... tranny-gate!

Plenty of time? You have no clue. Go rip apart your truck, decide to shoot for the moon, and start over. I'll try to keep it in lamens terms for you. They ripped out a regular pick up drive line and put in a racing trans and pulling transfer case in their truck. Now, these guys have regular jobs, or are trying to run a business and live their lives. A year isn't squat. Try getting it together, let a lone making test passes. Then throw the location factor in their. Most of these shops that competed in the UCC don't have any places open to go legally test. Even if II is building for dyno glory as you say.... They still did that even with issues. Go to a large event and see what kind of issues you have, actually competing and not setting on a bleacher bragging how your stuff is faster. Go compete. :bang:hehe:

Wow, you really mapped that one out didn't you! Ok how bout this, they call their local UPS store and get a lecture on efficiency and logistics.... I mean they can deliver millions of boxes a day with minimal failure %, yet we're going to use the whole "we didn't have enough time excuse" based on the obvious fact they knew what they we're trying was risky. Ok!

How bout this, we take a p1000d platform then mount Baca-booms setup to it and call it a diesel electric hybrid! They're both cool in concept, yet both have limited potential!

Well considering Baca's performance, it's safe to say half the trucks Mark Nixon has ready to sell or part out are faster!

On edit: II couldn't test.... right the last time Baca tested on open road he's lucky he didn't pancake the minivan!

Last edited:
Dmitri Millard said he is bringing Katrina next year. Be good entertainment

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Your right, we should hand out participation trophies in lieu of poor planning!

Honestly your better off pulling out of the competition if your not able to even hang with the avg weekend warrior diesel dragster!

Then again pulling out isn't fun, and neither is blowing a big ole load all over the dyno and winning then going to the next two events to find out you've been smashing a welfare queen that's all flash and no cash!

Let's call this..... tranny-gate!

At what point did I ever make excuses for them? Stop grasping. Should they have planned better? Yes. Should they have tested more? Yes. Am I going to sit here and bash on them for doing something I have no idea what it's like to build or could build in the same amount of time? **** no. You're an armchair quarterback.

At what point did I ever make excuses for them? Stop grasping. Should they have planned better? Yes. Should they have tested more? Yes. Am I going to sit here and bash on them for doing something I have no idea what it's like to build or could build in the same amount of time? **** no. You're an armchair quarterback.
You're wagering logic against the illogical.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You're wagering logic against the illogical.

Bingo.................

In saying they didn't have enough time is an excuse.

The fact is your grasping at straws of illusion all in an effort to justify why they were a front running (in one arena) team, and yet came to play the game without a full deck of cards!

How is it your missing your own lack of reasoning in your posts? As you've been told their trans setup has been known to be problematic.... yet they still chose to run It.

If you were to ask any of the other big competitors what the basics of competition would be, there's a pretty high probability they'd say have a back up plan at minimum.

No please provide proof to the contrary that is worth a damn!:pop:

The fact of the matter is that your crystal ball knows jack **** about why they may or may not have failed, for any number of reasons.
The extent of your speculation is illogical.
They tried something different, it didn't work out as planned. There are 20 other teams that failed to launch along with them.

The fact of the matter is that your crystal ball knows jack **** about why they may or may not have failed, for any number of reasons.
The extent of your speculation is illogical.
They tried something different, it didn't work out as planned. There are 20 other teams that failed to launch along with them.

Its not spectulation when you take them at their own word, and according to the it was a speed sensor issue.

My point has been since the beginning, this truck wasn't designed for the strip. Plain and simple, nor was it ever!

Reyes for gawdddss sake is more strip friendly than Baca s and its what an 400-500hp difference?

Remember last year how Lavon would run his best times on if I remember correctly were his 1400hp or 1600hp dyno tunes or something like that.... maybe II should consider tuning things down and quit nut swinging useless power!

Remember last year how Lavon would run his best times on if I remember correctly were his 1400hp or 1600hp dyno tunes or something like that.... maybe II should consider tuning things down and quit nut swinging useless power!

the most intelligent thing youve ever posted.

the most intelligent thing youve ever posted.

This coming from the big shot talking about screaming at people having a good time at a diesel power competition!

Those same guy's probably had an extra set of ears muffs for you if you would've just asked!

Last edited:
Back