Ucc 2017

A Firepunk Comp 3 with Anteater STC would fix those trans issues...

What's a trans cost compared to the entire build of that truck? And why wouldn't they be able to get parts or a working one? Seems to me it's an excuse but I dunno.

Didn't like the way he said "I" did this or "i" did that when it prob was the ii team not him. Pretty sh!tty pile of excuses it seems. The truck had a bunk trans from the get go so ........

That orange truck they had setup outside their tent was sweet looking.

I took it to mean they couldn't go borrow parts from the other teams because theirs was more unique

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It's a clutch style air shift auto tranny. Like he said, are not going to walk thru the pits and find extra parts.

This is my perspective as a UCC competitor: I have a lot of faith in our transmission builds, but for UCC, we brought 1 complete new unit in the truck, 1 complete new spare trans in the trailer, and enough parts to completely rebuild both of them. You can't come to a competition like UCC with 1 trans, too risky.

That said, we performed so poorly in the first two events we never had a chance to even hurt the first trans, but we needed the second trans output spline setup to run the SCS gearbox for the pulls so we swapped transmissions during the sledpull transformation.

If I were to give advice to Baca or anyone else hooking 2k+ HP to the sled, get a complete trans just for the pulls, most likely with the budget they have available, dropbox/reverser/clutch/bell setup designed for a superstock diesel pull truck. With these experimental sled pull chassis setups, there's such a huge chance for bouncing and weird issues that you're better off over-building the drivetrain so you can let her EAT!!!

You'd think II would have learned from last year. They didn't. And it is why the DIDN'T win this year. $.02

Great video though. Shows a lot of intelligence. LOL

If people haven't learned that spare transmission parts is a necessity in high hp diesel competition then they don't really care too win.

But you saw this coming from a mile away. You were probably holding the camera with PR written down the side of your marketing hard on.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Don't camera's and hard on go well together though!:thankyou2:

This is my perspective as a UCC competitor: I have a lot of faith in our transmission builds, but for UCC, we brought 1 complete new unit in the truck, 1 complete new spare trans in the trailer, and enough parts to completely rebuild both of them. You can't come to a competition like UCC with 1 trans, too risky.

That said, we performed so poorly in the first two events we never had a chance to even hurt the first trans, but we needed the second trans output spline setup to run the SCS gearbox for the pulls so we swapped transmissions during the sledpull transformation.

If I were to give advice to Baca or anyone else hooking 2k+ HP to the sled, get a complete trans just for the pulls, most likely with the budget they have available, dropbox/reverser/clutch/bell setup designed for a superstock diesel pull truck. With these experimental sled pull chassis setups, there's such a huge chance for bouncing and weird issues that you're better off over-building the drivetrain so you can let her EAT!!!

This is what happens when a company places all it's resources into making power, and not building a well rounded platform on all hardparts! When's the last time you ever heard of a II build in a high HP truck! Then again good transmission guy's are tough to come by and doubt they'd fit in with the II bro-isms!

If people haven't learned that spare transmission parts is a necessity in high hp diesel competition then they don't really care too win.

From looking at everything as a whole, clearly poorly planned!

It's beyond a safe bet that the truck is mostly associated with II is a good thing, because Baca has long been a "PR" nightmare. Honestly unless he has escrow in the business, he's a removable liability.

Holy hate batman. Maybe they had the only trans that was done being built? How many of those do people think are out there? Not to mention the cost of having said 1 off trans built. I'm not sticking up for II, but at least they're trying and spending big money trying. I think half these people posting here should try getting any major high dollar one off part made and see how long it takes and works the first time out.

Holy hate batman. Maybe they had the only trans that was done being built? How many of those do people think are out there? Not to mention the cost of having said 1 off trans built. I'm not sticking up for II, but at least they're trying and spending big money trying. I think half these people posting here should try getting any major high dollar one off part made and see how long it takes and works the first time out.

Wtf?.... Ok in all due respect a year is plenty of R&D time for a transmission and is fully capable of making plenty of test passes prior to the event. They knew they were having trans issues leading into this, but again showing it was built for the DYNO glory! Which was a job well done..... for those that like useless power!

It's a clutch style air shift auto tranny. Like he said, are not going to walk thru the pits and find extra parts.

While I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about performance auto's, I would think air could be too slow reacting, and that hydraulic would be the way to go.

Back