2wd Super Mod build

We have about 3/4 of it done took a breack from the framework today and fild the block and head with hard block so I can get them to the machine shop.Going tomorrow to get some more metal for the brackets for ram to raise the body.I'll take some more pictures tomorrow after tharepy.
Dale

We have about 3/4 of it done took a breack from the framework today and fild the block and head with hard block so I can get them to the machine shop.Going tomorrow to get some more metal for the brackets for ram to raise the body.I'll take some more pictures tomorrow AFTER THAREPY.
Dale

I thought that was your tharepy......:doh: Hmmm always works for me...
:poke: Looking good dale Cant wait to see her all decked out. :Cheer:
Thought about doing some kind of Wrap with my truck as well, got a few places around here that can do it. Ill give em an idea and let em eat...

Fireman450

Have most of the frame work down and have the hoist mounted to raise the body.ran the no.on the rear end it is a SQHR Rockwell
02-04-09_0824.jpg

02-04-09_0826.jpg

02-04-09_0827.jpg

02-03-09_2008.jpg

02-03-09_2009.jpg

02-03-09_2010.jpg

02-03-09_2011.jpg

Making good progress Dale. Looks like all you gotta do now is paint, put the motor together, throw the motor in, the tranny, clutch, drive shaft, fuel system, gauges, turbo's, seat, hydrolics, weight boxes, get weights or make them, new tires, tonue cover, batteries, alittle bit of bling and your all done :D

Making good progress Dale. Looks like all you gotta do now is paint, put the motor together, throw the motor in, the tranny, clutch, drive shaft, fuel system, gauges, turbo's, seat, hydrolics, weight boxes, get weights or make them, new tires, tonue cover, batteries, alittle bit of bling and your all done :D

Yep that is all that is left :eek:Thank for reminding me of more bling.Hay' What is wrong with my tires my back ones have 3/8 of lug on the tip just perfict:rockwoot:yesterday I got the front clip frame work done that was a pin in the ass by your self and last night Dan is my son my soninlaw he as been a realy big help we got the bedsides and tailgate mounted on the frame work.going to mount the hydro,pump for the body ram today.tonight I think Dan is going to work on the door hindges and mounting them up.GTS called me yesterday I sent them some pictures he said that we was making verygood time on putting the body together for the amount of time we have in it.gregg told me that they have a 4 door body now it id 2009 ram complete body no glass with one opening door for $3750.00 We gave more than that for ours.

SPEAKSUP the rear end id mounted solid welded in and no front suspention eatheri wont be driving this truck around my town Haha
The hitch has adjustment
Dale

SPEAKSUP the rear end id mounted solid welded in and no front suspention eatheri wont be driving this truck around my town Haha
The hitch has adjustment

Dale

Ok cool I seen some 2WD Pullers they could move the axle up and down thats why I was wondering. I think it is sweet.

Frame work for the body is done and it raises.Starting on the drive line today.

02-07-09_1553.jpg

02-07-09_1554.jpg

02-07-09_1555.jpg

02-07-09_1556.jpg

02-07-09_1557.jpg

02-07-09_1558.jpg

02-07-09_1559.jpg

going to be sweet on working on the motor and drive line.
Dale

myself and my soninlaw(Dan) built the frame and desighned it.
Guising the weight is about 325 to 350 complete without the ram and glass.
I used to have my own shop and built rolegages for extra play money I used my exhaust pipe bender.

Dale

Roll it outside and get a few shots with the body up and down. lol. I wanna see how big it looks and how everything is proportioned lol.

I want to see it out side to have to put a tube in one of the back tires first hard to get good pictures in sutch a small garage.trying to find some good pricing on a seet and stearing shafts and wheel and swivels so we can mount the seat and wheel.Sofore I haven't had to spend much at all we had almost every thing laying around I'm a big pack rat have to go and get our spair motor to use for the mock up I'm starting to get a little excited we are making decent proggress 'don't you think' for being in the garage 2weeks yesterday.I have to go pick up the door latch from a wrecked truck tonight.

Dale

Dale. let me know if you need any parts like that latch and everything, my cousin has a wrecked 2000 we can cannibalize for cheap :D

It is a shame that the windsheild don't fit,Jeff Strothkamp has a latch and a striker.Thanks

not trying to critique but am curious why there aren't any diagonal supports in all the "squares" of the truss??? I was always taught the triangles are stronger. Maybe that much strength isn't need and what you have put together is sufficient for the load it's gonna see???

Just wondering. that's all.

the quality looks real nice and yes, I'd say you're coming along at a real nice clip with your progress!! I wouldn't know where to begin. HA :D

Back