EFILive FAQ's

I've read the the EFIlive for the Cummins may not allow for full tuning of all parameters/tables in the ECM? Is the any truth behind this? Mainly I'm talking about the '07.5-'09 ECM's for the 6.7. Will the VGT nozzle position be an parameter that can be modified? Will the EFIlive support black box data logging on the Cummins? Lastly, I'm guessing that the Auto Tune function that Gen III GM ECM's have will not work on a diesel due to the lack of an O2 sensor (mainly thinking about partial throttle hwy cruising for maximizing fuel mileage)? Thanks in advance!

To whom it may concern....I have a 07 6.7L and was going to buy all the h&S tuner stuff to delete everything and run their tuner...should i just hold off and wait a few months to get efi on my truck instead? Or do you now a time frame on when it will be released?

I've read the the EFIlive for the Cummins may not allow for full tuning of all parameters/tables in the ECM? Is the any truth behind this? Mainly I'm talking about the '07.5-'09 ECM's for the 6.7. Will the VGT nozzle position be an parameter that can be modified? Will the EFIlive support black box data logging on the Cummins? Lastly, I'm guessing that the Auto Tune function that Gen III GM ECM's have will not work on a diesel due to the lack of an O2 sensor (mainly thinking about partial throttle hwy cruising for maximizing fuel mileage)? Thanks in advance!

I'd be interested to read what you've read, can you please point me to the link? Given we haven't released any tuning maps to our testers for 6.7L vehicles, it's far too early to say what will and won't be included in our software, other than if it's critical and controllable by the ECM we will support it.

I don't think we've ever mapped 100% of tables available in any controller that we support - in short it's not necessary in obtaining an excellent tuning result. But we do map all the critical tables that 90% of users require; and rarely receive requests for additional tables from these users. In addition for the 10% of users who have "unique" needs (ie highly modified vehicles - race trucks, alternative fuels etc) we also map tables specifically for their needs.

Black Box Data logging will be available for Cummins. Auto Tune will not.

Cheers
Cindy

To whom it may concern....I have a 07 6.7L and was going to buy all the h&S tuner stuff to delete everything and run their tuner...should i just hold off and wait a few months to get efi on my truck instead? Or do you now a time frame on when it will be released?

The time frames are listed in the first post of this thread.

Cheers
Cindy

I'd be interested to read what you've read, can you please point me to the link? Given we haven't released any tuning maps to our testers for 6.7L vehicles, it's far too early to say what will and won't be included in our software, other than if it's critical and controllable by the ECM we will support it

I can spend hours on multiple forums. A lot of the stuff I could never stumble on again if I had to. As to not spread any confusion, I came to the source to get the truth. Thanks for clearing up any misnomers about EFIlive that may have existed. I look forward to the release of the 6.7 software!

One other question that I just thought of, do you anticipate EFIlive allow us to raise our rev limiter on the 6.7 tuning? 3,300 rpm is kinda lame if you have the supporting mods. Not that I do yet, however 4k+ would be nice for a lot of guys!

One other question that I just thought of, do you anticipate EFIlive allow us to raise our rev limiter on the 6.7 tuning? 3,300 rpm is kinda lame if you have the supporting mods. Not that I do yet, however 4k+ would be nice for a lot of guys!

I'll put it this way. The ECM won't be the rpm limiting factor after EFI Live and the Beta testers find all the fueling and limiting tables.

so if i understand this right, i can only get tunes from certain shops?

or is it gonna be like the chevy stuff and i can tune it my self?

i just skimmed through the first couple pages.....

so if i understand this right, i can only get tunes from certain shops?

or is it gonna be like the chevy stuff and i can tune it my self?

i just skimmed through the first couple pages.....

You will be able to self tune or buy tunes from vendors.

Back