went and dynoed today :(

Why does everyone recommend full cuts when its a widely known and proven fact that they don't make the power that say a 191 or. 022 does? And why would lower timing help his power? There's a reason people raise timing.

Why does everyone recommend full cuts when its a widely known and proven fact that they don't make the power that say a 191 or. 022 does? And why would lower timing help his power? There's a reason people raise timing.

Dont know, but his timing shouldnt be an issue at 22*... also 022's are not what they are cracked up to be either.

181's will show no gain, or very very minimal.... look at 191 or look at a set from SDX. If that doesent help I would look at degreeing in the cam. That can make or break a truck from what Ive been told.

well i messed around with the truck alittle today.i ended up throwing in the 181s in just cause we had them around. also did a boost test and found a major boost leak. it was leaking out along the hole intake plate. so took it all apart fixed it. took it for a ride and the old butt dyno tells me that it feels stout. so back to the dyno i go friday or saturday before i do anything major.

Dont know, but his timing shouldnt be an issue at 22*... also 022's are not what they are cracked up to be either.

181's will show no gain, or very very minimal.... look at 191 or look at a set from SDX. If that doesent help I would look at degreeing in the cam. That can make or break a truck from what Ive been told.

Better than full cuts.

I need to find my notes on degreeing in a cam. Been wanting to try it.

Well its obvious he has to have a starting place. I know several trucks that have made decent power at 16-18 and wasnt much of a gain at 22. So thats why i said that! Im sure your setup is different than his and probaly different than what you started with! Seen a few truck with full cuts and spray clean up and make power but 191s with small shot is nice and simple!

Last edited:
Better than full cuts.

I need to find my notes on degreeing in a cam. Been wanting to try it.

I was gearing up to do it but just got lazy. Plus I wanted to drive my truck so so bad since it had been sitting for like 2 months! Runs pretty good, but would really want a hamilton cam now. LOL

Well its obvious he has to have a starting place. I know several trucks that have made decent power at 16-18 and wasnt much of a gain at 22. So thats why i said that! Im sure your setup is different than his and probaly different than what you started with! Seen a few truck with full cuts and spray clean up and make power but 191s with small shot is nice and simple!

Full cuts and spray I agree with but for 95% of folks full cuts ain't worth it. 16-18* makes good power for sure but 22* will work just fine.

I guarantee that your lift pump is not maintaining pressure and that you're starving the injection pump in the upper rpms. Have you modified the overflow valve?

Is it possible to run a stock mechanical lift pump with the current Fass set to a lower pressure (15-20 psi) feeding the stock pump?

I'll bet if you do that, combined with a modified overflow valve, combined with fixing your current boost leak, plus dynoing in OD, with a lock-up switch so it doesn't unlock the converter, you will see every bit of 575 HP.

I fed my stock pump for a few months with my AD set to 25 psi. Then, fed it directly to the dual feed into the pump and had it set to 45 psi.

I guarantee that your lift pump is not maintaining pressure and that you're starving the injection pump in the upper rpms. Have you modified the overflow valve?

Is it possible to run a stock mechanical lift pump with the current Fass set to a lower pressure (15-20 psi) feeding the stock pump?

I'll bet if you do that, combined with a modified overflow valve, combined with fixing your current boost leak, plus dynoing in OD, with a lock-up switch so it doesn't unlock the converter, you will see every bit of 575 HP.

the overflow vavle spring is stretched.
i do not have a mechanical pump with the 24v and my cam does not have the lobe for that

the overflow vavle spring is stretched.
i do not have a mechanical pump with the 24v and my cam does not have the lobe for that

Do you have the ball point pen spring in there? I may have missed it but what fuel system are you running? I saw the post about not using a mechanical pump.

i am running a fass that is ment to run 15psi your somewhere around that. i stretched the spring in the fass and it makes 30psi now. also i stretched the stock spring in the overflow vavle

Back