went and dynoed today :(

01dodgediesel

well here is my setup and i am from rhode island. and it was about 40 out today.
01 dodge
24v p-pumped
160 pump maxed out by seth,4k gsks,131dv,400cc of fuel
colt cam 181/210
oringed head 110valve springs
6x13 lighting 3 i think
66/73/14
fass

iwas thinking i was going to break 500hp but needless to say i didnt
i did 475/899
should i be happy with that or not
seem like other people make more then that on similar setup
ne ideas or input will be great
thanks jake

i about drove home on tears after them numbers. the worst part during the summer i made 441/850 on a 62/71/14 and a stock 160 pump.

Was it the same dyno both times? If not was one loaded and one non loaded? In the same day my truck has made 735hp on an unloaded dyno then turned around and made 898 with a 30% loaded dyno.

same dyno and it is a dyno-jet 241 i think it is a load dyno and he loaded it both time.
i seemed to have my higher numbers when i did runs from like 60mph.
truck has 3.55

Did you light the turbo the same way both times? If not then it probably didn't have time to make it's full power. Also i've had some trans slippage that held me back from making the numbers before. One day on the new motor it made 723. 3 days later it only made 556. Same dyno same tune, same air temp. after studying the chart realized that my max wheel speed was at 110 the first day and only at 85 the next.

i have to look all mine over but i was toping out at 138mph on most of the runs. i am hoping some 181dv might help and i am going to let my buddy that has a cummins to make a couple of runs in my truck to make sure it isnt me screwing up

good idea, we've sat on the dyno for a couple hours and tried different things. Usually operator error will cause more headache on the dyno than anything

it wasnt to bad i was running the afc a little on the tight side at first. and i try loosing it up a bit but not a ton of smoke.
the only thing i noticed was it took the hole run up to about 3550rpms to make like 1600 degrees

I would step up the d.v also. It doesnt say but im sure you have a fass or air dog or whatever helping out? Reason I say that is because I had a walboro pump on mine and thought it was keeping up, kept tweaking etc wasnt going any faster. Put a fuel pressure guage on it and watched it drop to around 5lbs. Put an air dog on and all was well. Your set up should be knocking around 550-600 I would think.

i have a fass on it and a gauge. it make about 33psi. i need a new fuel setup just because the fass i have is not ment to make 30psi i streched the spring out but it holds right around 30psi

Don't feel bad man, last summer with everything in my sig but the 6 holes I only made 487 and 99x. That was with ddp 250's. I've since changed to the six holes and had Seth flow my pump, I've got a ported head waiting machine work and hopefully swing a cam before TS and try to get disappointed again. I agree you should be a strong 600hp with what you have, but tuning is everything it's just hard to do when you don't have a dyno in your back yard or a track to run on. Good luck keep us posted.

That seems low to me! My little setup made 444 in 4th gear with stock clutch screamin! You have alot more fuel than me! Maxed out my egts arent 1300! With a little tuning you should be easy 500! If it was me i would back timing down a little and get some full cuts and try that!

Last edited:
Back