twins and manifold fab process at shiftycapones

I wish I had more pictures of the manifold to show but its simple you get the idea.

i got more pics of the manifold cody. also with the piping off the wastegate.

And after working in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of dudes all week ya gotta have the quality time with the woman Haha.

if you could just spend one nite workin on this btch it would be done and not every friday and saturday. :bang

haha but for reals were gettin this chit done friday 3 of us are mobbin to sonic and ill make a couple phone calls o yea :nos:

I wish I had more pictures of the manifold to show but its simple you get the idea.

i got more pics of the manifold cody. also with the piping off the wastegate.

if you could just spend one nite workin on this btch it would be done and not every friday and saturday. :bang

haha but for reals were gettin this chit done friday 3 of us are mobbin to sonic and ill make a couple phone calls o yea :nos:

You mean I will finish welding and fabing it this week while you watch? Hahaha at least you keep me company lol.

Ya I could get more cut out, you need them for a 12 or 24 valve? Send me a pm if you want some and I'll stop by the machine shop next week on the way home from work

Looks good Mitch! So whats your hp goal?
Thanks chad, would like to be in the 800 range to start, then just adjust from there.
Yeah what's that joker made out of? Looks BEEFY! :evil: Got a neighbor who's been welding 20+ yrs I just need to know where to get the parts!!:snoop: LOL

Just a local steel place. The main portion is sch. 80 1 1/2 pipe, carbon steel. The 90 degree fittings are sch. 40. And yeah, it is beefy, not lightweight!

Ya I could get more cut out, you need them for a 12 or 24 valve? Send me a pm if you want some and I'll stop by the machine shop next week on the way home from work

PM sent:thankyou2:

51910089.jpg

Just a local steel place. The main portion is sch. 80 1 1/2 pipe, carbon steel. The 90 degree fittings are sch. 40. And yeah, it is beefy, not lightweight!

So odviously the 90's go from the flange into the straight pipe, but how did you cut out the holes in the sections of straight pipe as well as the inner 90's for the other two runners? Very interesting...do you care to share how much you have in materials? Does this have to be done with at TIG? Can it be done with a MIG? :pop:

PM sent:thankyou2:

51910089.jpg

So odviously the 90's go from the flange into the straight pipe, but how did you cut out the holes in the sections of straight pipe as well as the inner 90's for the other two runners? Very interesting...do you care to share how much you have in materials? Does this have to be done with at TIG? Can it be done with a MIG? :pop:

capone is pretty damn good at coupin pipe. took a lot of time measuring and test fitting. also a couple extra 90's haha. pretty sure he just used a torch to cut out the holes im not sure cuz i wasent there for that part. MIG would get it done but he has became very efficient with the TIG. easier to keep the inside clean opposed to leaving pieces of wire like a MIG can do. It looks pretty damn sweet in person, definately a one off piece

Thanks Dave.

Yeah I used a nice torch and didn't rush. I'm a decent pipe fitter, so it helps, but nothing crazy that anyone else couldn't get done. If you use a MIG just keep the welfare on the flanges small so they don't interfere with the bolts, or studs in my case, that hold the manifold on.

Back