New to the vp world

Yes and yes.

The top picture I posted is the 285's with the current spacers on the truck. I would have liked to machine them down to about 1.25 or 1.50, but you can't without cutting the factory studs down.

The trooper lives along the highway out here and always drives it. He told me if I didn't pull the bottom and trim the top, he'd give me a ticket the next time he saw me. I did it that night. I didn't figure it was worth the $$$ for a ticket. I honestly tried to trim the top tint straight...I failed myserably.

Bwahahaha! Yes you did! How did you like that bottom strip? I'm either re doing how you originally had it or I'm redoing the top and tinting the whole windshield.

When these tires wear out... I may have to go 285's... It just looks so good.

I absolutely loved the top and bottom strip. I would do it again if this schmuck moves. With a silver hood, the bottom strip was positioned to knock the glare down on my travels from the sun. Living west of work, I drive against the sun in the morning and after work. :( The 09 hood is tapered enough it is pretty good. Not near as much glare as the 02.

I wouldn't do the whole windshield. Keep in mine, if you get it dirty on the inside, it really limits what you can clean it with. $.02

A point I had never thought about it... Thank you! That just finished that idea off.
I now have more questions for you. What did you dd on? 2?
Also why in the name of Rudolph diesel did you take the black pieces off between the doors? Lol

Yip. I normally left it on level 2, or 40hp. Basically, the same program as a Edge EZ from what I've read.

The black stuff started to flake one day when I was power washing it. A big chuck came off. That looked like CRAP. So I just washed the rest of it off. Makes the truck "unique" don't it? LOL

I drove 2 tanks out on 2. I mustered up a 16.8 and 16.9 mpg. I was gonna try another setting but unsure which way to go, up or down. I know on dads practically stock dmax I get better mileage on 5 with his banks. however that's a different animal.

If it works anything like an Adrenaline lower levels like 1 and 2 are ECM only fueling. The higher levels are ECM plus the wire tap. You will probably get best mileage on the highest level of ECM only fueling.

50% down the hole windshield is the cat's meow. As far as cleaning it. I usually keep a can of invisiglass under the back seat for the side windows anyway.

Last edited:
If it works anything like an Adrenaline lower levels like 1 and 2 are ECM only fueling. The higher levels are ECM plus the wire tap. You will probably get best mileage on the highest level of ECM only fueling.

50% down the hole windshield is the cat's meow. As far as cleaning it. I usually keep a can of invisiglass under the back seat for the side windows anyway.

Thank you for the fuel mileage tips! However don't come in here with your good news on whole windshield tint and act like its not gonna make me weigh my options... How dare you!

Thank you for the fuel mileage tips! However don't come in here with your good news on whole windshield tint and act like its not gonna make me weigh my options... How dare you!

Lol
a693789b-97b7-5f88.jpg

It made the black leather seats bearable in the summer.

I was hopin' you weren't too young to remember that song. It sure was a hit back in the day. Sir Mix-a-lot...SWASS!!!!

..sift the flour...ROLL the dough.... :hehe:

...almost embarrassed to say I could almost sing the whole album....

Back