9 second wall and advice to help bust through............

You guys are funny, she's ready to go race if the weather would cooperate with me.
Don't worry Jeff you will get the call. Hoping for this Friday night. Next week is the diesel shootout in Lebanon valley gotta be ready.

You guys are funny, she's ready to go race if the weather would cooperate with me.
Don't worry Jeff you will get the call. Hoping for this Friday night. Next week is the diesel shootout in Lebanon valley gotta be ready.
:clap: waiting.......:woohoo:

Finally got back to the track, Made 4 clean passes all around 10.1xx with a best of 10.130 @ 132.75 Trans pressure stayed consistent for each pass.... Im going to drop the pan later to check but I think im good. Thanks PDD for pointing me in the right direction. Now for the 9s lol.

Anybody have 2 tenths for sale....?

Attachments

• IMG_5121.jpg
    IMG_5121.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 0
7c4aabba0b354780ab1deb8ebd02c563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL , Jeff put you up to that? maybe im out of touch... Are there very many purpose built 12v motors running in the 9s without nitrous or water meth? I would hate to turn to the dark side.. young guns, do you drag race ? How fast is your rig?

LOL , Jeff put you up to that? maybe im out of touch... Are there very many purpose built 12v motors running in the 9s without nitrous or water meth? I would hate to turn to the dark side.. young guns, do you drag race ? How fast is your rig?

My rig is not fast, hasn’t made over 1khp, but it can do all that and more if I’d just put it back together and get some time to run it at the track. (Farming takes up every bit of my time)

da0e37405dcdf567496dc0df135eb946.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of 12V running 9's with no spray.

Dang, you are so close to that 9 second time slip. I'm honestly surprised how close you are with just 132 MPH trap speed. For whatever reason, your truck doesn't back-half as well as my Junker does with the 364.5 SXE over HT80 compound setup and 12mm injection pump. The Junker weighs about 5320 but it is 2wd so maybe a little less wind resistance on the top end? I would think that with the advantages of a 13mm pump, you'd maintain topend power much better than the 12mm pump setup. Anyway, my best pass to date looks like this:
60 - 1.81
330 - 4.65
1/8 - 6.93 @ 108.21
1000 - 8.88
10.556 @ 134.11

I've recently performed some suspension mods and easily shaved a full tenth off my 60' times, now to finish my rear shocks so I can tune the hit and drop some more 60' time!!!

Dang, you are so close to that 9 second time slip. I'm honestly surprised how close you are with just 132 MPH trap speed. For whatever reason, your truck doesn't back-half as well as my Junker does with the 364.5 SXE over HT80 compound setup and 12mm injection pump. The Junker weighs about 5320 but it is 2wd so maybe a little less wind resistance on the top end? I would think that with the advantages of a 13mm pump, you'd maintain topend power much better than the 12mm pump setup. Anyway, my best pass to date looks like this:
60 - 1.81
330 - 4.65
1/8 - 6.93 @ 108.21
1000 - 8.88
10.556 @ 134.11

I've recently performed some suspension mods and easily shaved a full tenth off my 60' times, now to finish my rear shocks so I can tune the hit and drop some more 60' time!!!

Interesting, My truck weighs 5293 and race weight is 5565. The truck hooks well and feels good. the best I have run is 10.103 @ 132.91 1.48 60'. I ran that with 34" slicks (now I have 30" ) and its about the same, I was thinking less rotating weight would have gained me something, but it was a trade off weight vs rpm.. I was going to try shifting a little earlier on the short side but my anteater seems to be playing with me.

Trying small changes at a time now. Next time at the track im hoping to shift a few hundred rpm earlier 4200 now. jasonc pointed out I may have power waiting under the curve that im not seeing with my fueling, timing and boost changes simply because im shifting out of the powerband.

Not sure how much I can gain reducing rotating weight.. I have a dana 80 from a cab and chassis in the rear with drum brakes and the dana 60 upfront with those thick ass rotors. Rears are from a 97. front brake upgrades seem limited due to the knuckle design. I kept the drums on the rear because I pushed through the disk brakes on my other truck, maybe dual caliper disk brake conversion, or a ford 9" could save almost 400lbs there . Im open to suggestions.

Besides raw horsepower wondering where you guys saw the best gains at the track from the things you have tried.

what does the junker put out for power ?

On our big 52" roller loaded Mustang Dyno, the Junker puts out 900 to 920 to the tire uncorrected. The HT80 turbo puts out about 150 lbs per min according to Holset so it's actually really close airflow wise as a pair of 363 Borg's. My setup made peak power around 3500 rpm with the 188/220 camshaft, Hamilton Gen 1 head, and 12mm 650 cc pump set to 28* timing that advances about 6* at full rack so call it 34* timing and 95 psi max boost on the factory charge air cooler. On your truck, the first thing I'd try is a little more fuel and a little more timing to see if it picks up power. Then I'd try swapping out the manifold charger for a bigger turbine wheel s300 like a 364.5 sxe or an old school 366sx series and see if it picks up power.

On our big 52" roller loaded Mustang Dyno, the Junker puts out 900 to 920 to the tire uncorrected. The HT80 turbo puts out about 150 lbs per min according to Holset so it's actually really close airflow wise as a pair of 363 Borg's. My setup made peak power around 3500 rpm with the 188/220 camshaft, Hamilton Gen 1 head, and 12mm 650 cc pump set to 28* timing that advances about 6* at full rack so call it 34* timing and 95 psi max boost on the factory charge air cooler. On your truck, the first thing I'd try is a little more fuel and a little more timing to see if it picks up power. Then I'd try swapping out the manifold charger for a bigger turbine wheel s300 like a 364.5 sxe or an old school 366sx series and see if it picks up power.

Upon observations at the track, he has nice black smoke at the hit, and the triples clears that up fast. He has bumped the timing and slid the fuel rack for more already......

He's got a cammed 13mm pump, bigger lines, 5x22's and said his lift pump shows 50psi at the top end.

I was thinking more lift pump psi, and a couple fatter steps up in the injector.

Thoughts?

I can't tell you how to break through the 9 second wall.....but I can tell you how to not break through the wall in 20 seconds. :hehe:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Uzqrh2PQI"]Dump Truck Hits Wall - YouTube[/ame]

If it's cleaning up, it wants more fuel. Give it another 100 to 150 cc's and see how it responds. All pumps naturally lose efficiency as RPM increases so it's going to smoke quite heavy on the bottom end with more fuel and still lean out a touch on the top end because it won't deliver the same total volume up top when the chargers are at full flow.

If it's cleaning up, it wants more fuel. Give it another 100 to 150 cc's and see how it responds. All pumps naturally lose efficiency as RPM increases so it's going to smoke quite heavy on the bottom end with more fuel and still lean out a touch on the top end because it won't deliver the same total volume up top when the chargers are at full flow.

Will, :thankyou2::bow:

I'm glad to hear you both talked and finally somebody else pounded and got though his head on moar fuel! :rockwoot:

:Cheer:

Yes I reached out and killed about an hour of his time going over everything, I have a bigger set of injectors on the way. I will have answers this weekend. Will thank you for your time and setting me up with some sticks...…

Jeff I cant tell you what he said about nitrous ,,,,,,:shake:

Back