Sled Pulling Rules?

We are leaning towards exposed U-joint shields need covered in the 2.6 class.

The only rpm rule will be safety oriented, such as, a truck in any class, spinning more than 4500 rpm, will need SFI blankets, joint shields, etc.

2.6 no shields, or loops.
2.8 one up front (front driveshaft) and one on the rear (rear driveshaft).

Getting carried away with safety rules will make any organization lose trucks.

Getting carried away with safety rules keeps people safe. If people have the money for an aftermarket charger they have the money to put on a few ujoint shields. I have seen an hx40 truck put a u joint piece so hard into a bleacher it made everybody within 10 feed jump! I mean the 2.6 class is a hanging weight class, so the truck is being set up to pull. A set of ujoint shields is cheap, and has zero effect on driveability.

zstroken, no truer words have been spoken.

Keep in mind, everyone, the 2.6 class is making the power the 2.8s were in 2005.

If guys are willing to run there trucks to the max and get mad about protecting themselves and the spectators I wouldnt want them around anyways.

you need safty rules. exspaillythe way the public likes to sue.sorry about the spelling
Dale

JW3 said:
2.6 no shields, or loops.
2.8 one up front (front driveshaft) and one on the rear (rear driveshaft).

Getting carried away with safety rules will make any organization lose trucks.
IMO if the U joint a blatantly visible the should be sheilded.

If you dont have good safty rules the insurrance comp, don,t treat you very fair on the prem.the picer you get on the rules the better they like it.
Dale

According to the website, 2.6" street diesel says turbocharger bushings prohibited. However, I can not find it in the rules posted on here.

This is what I don't understand. If bushings are ok for one class they should be ok for all. Either you have bushings or you don't.

Back