2008 NADM 2.8 Street Diesel Rules

Timbeaux38 said:
How big is the 4202? 2.98?

Yes, and so is the Borg Warner S475? that is a swap replacement for the 4202.

Both are good street chargers, certainly as streetable a 66 is on a Dodge, perhaps better even.

McRat said:
Yes, and so is the Borg Warner S475? that is a swap replacement for the 4202.

Both are good street chargers, certainly as streetable a 66 is on a Dodge, perhaps better even.

See, that is the crummy part. I would think a 3.0 street(steet driven) class would work, but how many trucks would be in the field? I think the edition of a 2.8 class is a good thing personally, The old gap used to be 2.6 to 3.0

You have to admit it(2.8) is better than a 2.6 to a 3.0 jump.

What amuses me most, is dragracers and one hired mouth trying to interpet sled pulling rules.:redx: :what:

Heres a rule:From this point forward, all dragracers who intend to sledpull, must email Dieter directly, with any tech questions.:banned: LOL LOL

Sledpuller said:
What amuses me most, is dragracers and one hired mouth trying to interpet sled pulling rules.:redx: :what:
I Don't interpret crap... I just read and say what I am told. LOL

I really take offense to the "hired mouth" thing Gene. LOL
At least people want to hear what I have to say(for it's inherent entertainment value)LOL
Most will tell you that wether I am right or talking out of my ass that I will make it entertaining (kinda like those diving mules) :hehe:
Generally speaking, when you interpret your rules, folks dont wanna listen to you LOL :poke:

It's easy... they suck! Bushings in one class, no bushing in another. You must have come up with that.

Sledpuller said:

Heres a rule:From this point forward, all dragracers who intend to sledpull, must email Dieter directly, with any tech questions.:banned: LOL LOL

"Drag" racer - To drag shiit.

Heck my truck ain't no race truck. It's almost stock, and certainly a Street truck. But it needs more safety equipment than teenage girl dating a Hell's Angel...

McRat said:
"Drag" racer - To drag shiit.

Heck my truck ain't no race truck. It's almost stock, and certainly a Street truck. But it needs more safety equipment than teenage girl dating a Hell's Angel...

That why you wear a chastitiy belt when you drive Pat?????? :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Timbeaux38 said:
That why you wear a chastitiy belt when you drive Pat?????? :hehe::hehe::hehe:

In Alabama, if your sister is in the passenger seat, does she wear a chastity belt or seat belt to avoid getting a ticket? :confused:

If it's a seat belt, I'd write your congressman to get the law changed. Or at least hire someone to write it it for you...

;)

Pat

I want see you pull.:rockwoot:

But I agree with Dieter and Gene. You need U-joint shields. Any truck that pulls with an upgraded turbo should have at least shields IMHO. Exploded U-joints can cause lots of damage. Peices can fly into the crowd.

If you need shields and a new "metallic" bushing let me know. I got to make some for me.

Kevin

While I feel bad for you. I am kind of in the same boat. I dealt with it. *****ing about it to Gene will not get you anywhere. You should know that buy now.

The way I see it. Get a 2.6" cover and your wheel trimed. You would be a force to reckon with in the 2.6" classes. Face it, even a 2.8" no bushing class your going need 800+rwhp just to place. Unless you swap out the 7.3 that is honestly not going to happen.

In general.

These rules are good. Perfect? No. But there is no such thing.
Please do not PM me wanting bushings or shields. I will make them for freinds but that is it. I do not sell them nor will I. Simply I can not make them cheap enough that anyone would buy them. No sense making pulling parts for pennys when I can make Aircraft parts and Molds for dollars.

Lets all ease up on smack talking and get wrenching. 2008 could be a great year.:thankyou2:

McRat said:
The GT4202R kit is perhaps the most popular "street/strip" size for Dmaxes who want to run with the big dogs.

You wish it was.

However, MOST people don't like their STREET truck to take so long to spool, so they opt for a 2.8" charger or smaller.

Remember when you were pushing 66mm turbos, I believe your quote was "The best turbo for our trucks(Duramax)"

jfaulkner said:
Wow good answer, did we brain cramp? Shouldn't you be building a DS loop?:poke: :blahblah1:

I've got two actually. Problem is they're at the front of the driveshaft where they belong! :D

We'll see. If I get time and material, I'll do it.

McRat said:
I've got two actually. Problem is they're at the front of the driveshaft where they belong! :D

We'll see. If I get time and material, I'll do it.
You could always just remove the rear shaft, then you wouldn't need them. You should have time for that. Gene will probably let that pesky 4wd rule slide because of you stress level.:hehe:

I'm pretty sure the loops need to be "metallic" also

Metallic
Main Entry: me·tal·lic
Pronunciation: \mə-ˈta-lik\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a: of, relating to, or being a metal b: made of or containing a metal c: having properties of a metal
2: yielding metal

Last edited:
jfaulkner said:
You could always just remove the rear shaft, then you wouldn't need them. You should have time for that. Gene will probably let that pesky 4wd rule slide because of you stress level.:hehe:

I'm pretty sure the loops need to be "metallic" also

Metallic
Main Entry: me·tal·lic
Pronunciation: \mə-ˈta-lik\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a: of, relating to, or being a metal b: made of or containing a metal c: having properties of a metal
2: yielding metal

Let me guess. You're probably related to the wingnut who told Kat she could not run without a driveshaft hoop on the Vette.:rolleyes:

We actually had to borrow a floor jack and show him that it's an enclosed driveshaft from the factory! :D

We are planning on making it out of concrete. ;)

Back