2008 NADM 2.8 Street Diesel Rules

I Read The Rules Twice And I Dont Know If I Skipped Over It But Is The Rpm Limit Still 4500 All I Saw Was Any Auto Or Manual Turning 4500 Rpm Or More Has To Have A Si Approved Shield Or Blanket So Is It 4500 Or 5000

The only rpm rule is safety oriented, spin them to the moon, but have the SFI equipment to protect the rest of us.

If Tech tells you you're over 4500, the burden of proof is on you.

By God I M Going To Sell My Dodge And But A Ford And Its Going To Be A 7.3 And Turn 10,ooo Rpm And Not Blow Up Lol

What Do We Need To Do Here In Indiana To Get Nadm O Come To Roanoke Indiana Or Warsaw Indiana ????? I Have Talked To Chuck RuckeR About It But He Said He Would Mention It Havent Talked To Him Since
Thanks Jeremy

JOHNBOY said:
Kevin

While I feel bad for you. I am kind of in the same boat. I dealt with it. *****ing about it to Gene will not get you anywhere. You should know that buy now.

The way I see it. Get a 2.6" cover and your wheel trimed. You would be a force to reckon with in the 2.6" classes. Face it, even a 2.8" no bushing class your going need 800+rwhp just to place. Unless you swap out the 7.3 that is honestly not going to happen.

In general.

These rules are good. Perfect? No. But there is no such thing.
Please do not PM me wanting bushings or shields. I will make them for freinds but that is it. I do not sell them nor will I. Simply I can not make them cheap enough that anyone would buy them. No sense making pulling parts for pennys when I can make Aircraft parts and Molds for dollars.

Lets all ease up on smack talking and get wrenching. 2008 could be a great year.:thankyou2:

John I agree with you. The problem I have is why is a bushing legal in 2.8 and not 2.6. The 2.8 guys have more suction or what? I'd rather see no bushings across the board. All or none.

Sledpuller said:
Say, there, McRat, does your truck have an aluminum driveshaft?

Nope. Blue is steel 2-piece, Casper steel 1-piece, Wendy alum 1-piece.

Do I have to fill them with concrete? :D

kyle03d said:
stay home

Better mind your p's and q's sonny.

There was a 12 year old who knew more about cars and trucks than you, and had better schooling, and they kicked him out of here.

;)

bonesmx2000 said:
By God I M Going To Sell My Dodge And But A Ford And Its Going To Be A 7.3 And Turn 10,ooo Rpm And Not Blow Up Lol

What Do We Need To Do Here In Indiana To Get Nadm O Come To Roanoke Indiana Or Warsaw Indiana ????? I Have Talked To Chuck RuckeR About It But He Said He Would Mention It Havent Talked To Him Since
Thanks Jeremy

I am gona talk to a few other places in the next week to see if there interested in having NADM come in Indiana

mech2161 said:
John I agree with you. The problem I have is why is a bushing legal in 2.8 and not 2.6. The 2.8 guys have more suction or what? I'd rather see no bushings across the board. All or none.[/QUOTE

Kevin way i see it, 2.6 is still an entry level class, it a jump up form work stock but not as huge jump as it would be from WS to a 2.8 class. There for to keep it a lil more cost friendly no bushing rules fits it good. Theres alot of 2.6 chargers that perform good as some 2.8s. You will see more daily drivers in a 2.6 class then the 2.8 class and thats good for the sport. How many people want to take there daily driver and pull against full built motors and trailer queens in a 2.8 class where some one can runs a 3.20 turbo or even bigger and bush it down. I did for a while and loved doing it, but its not for every one. Also not saying there wont be built motors in 2.6 either. The 2.6 class is gona be riot of fun and i wouldn't be surprised if top 15 at big events is separated by 8ft! The only thing in rules i seen is the no electric water pumps in 2.6 with no rpm limit. Buy hey ill figure something else out. That being said either spend some more jack and run 2.8 or get a 2.6 cover and quit gripping and just pull.

House answered Kevin quite nicely... also, the PULLERS wanted that 2.8 bushing rule back in the day, and so far the only one who wants it gone is you, Kevin.

Looking back, should we have went against what the pullers wanted(we knew what was comingHow? we, have an uncanny ability to see past our own hoods) and said NO to the bushing?

Yep, we sure should have. But then I'm sure we would have more "Kevins" on here complaining we didnt listen to the pullers.

Such is life of the rules makers!!!!LOL

As far as Indiana pulls, if anyone is interested, we will bid on any pull in the country.

I personally like one of the other pulling organizations rules. They limit the OD of the compressor. This seems to be an attempt to level the field in chargers.

We discussed that, but decided it was best to leave the rules as close as possible to what everyone was running in 07.
We'll see who shows up this year, and watch to see how that rule pans out, and keep it in mind.

Yea it may be a toss up. As to maximize the rule it will require more compressor work, as you need to work on the OD also. It would probably add to turbo costs, but might be more of a way of restricting the class. On a bushed charger it doesn't make as much sense, as the 2.6 class. I guess instead of teching the ID you could just start teching the OD's.

house said:
mech2161 said:
John I agree with you. The problem I have is why is a bushing legal in 2.8 and not 2.6. The 2.8 guys have more suction or what? I'd rather see no bushings across the board. All or none.[/QUOTE

Kevin way i see it, 2.6 is still an entry level class, it a jump up form work stock but not as huge jump as it would be from WS to a 2.8 class. There for to keep it a lil more cost friendly no bushing rules fits it good. Theres alot of 2.6 chargers that perform good as some 2.8s. You will see more daily drivers in a 2.6 class then the 2.8 class and thats good for the sport. How many people want to take there daily driver and pull against full built motors and trailer queens in a 2.8 class where some one can runs a 3.20 turbo or even bigger and bush it down. I did for a while and loved doing it, but its not for every one. Also not saying there wont be built motors in 2.6 either. The 2.6 class is gona be riot of fun and i wouldn't be surprised if top 15 at big events is separated by 8ft! The only thing in rules i seen is the no electric water pumps in 2.6 with no rpm limit. Buy hey ill figure something else out. That being said either spend some more jack and run 2.8 or get a 2.6 cover and quit gripping and just pull.

So the 2.8 class gets *****d out again. And your building a Dodge(Joe). I'll biotch for the Fords till I quit.

whats wrong with the 2.8? It looks fine to me, if i had head studs and twin hpop and some nozzles id pull the ford in it. If you want a no bushing rule go join the other org since there is that way. Yes I am building a dodge for a few reasons, one tired of stripping down the ford for every pull then worrying if it will make 8k then have to put it back together on sunday nights. two i still make a payment on the ford so when it does break i dont like to see it sit. three had to chance to buy this dodge dirt cheap with mods done to it that equals much hp as my ford for super cheap. SO why not build something that i can horse around in and if it breaks no rush to fix it. I plan to use my ford as a tow rig, who know you might see it un hook from the trailer and pull some exhibition in 2.8 since it wouldnt make 8k once in while

McRat said:
Better mind your p's and q's sonny.

There was a 12 year old who knew more about cars and trucks than you, and had better schooling, and they kicked him out of here.

;)

Pat....as a matter of clarification, the highlighted part of your post is inaccurate.

Please resume discussion.

I agree with Joe on this one. I am glad to see a 2.6 class. I think it gives the daily driver guys, more importantly the Fords, a shot at something other than last place. I am use to pulling against trailer queens with 71mm turbos and getting my butt handed to me, so this will be fun and exciting. I only hope the local pulling promoters adopt the NADM rules.

I only wish we could up the weight a little, making 8K is murder on a modded work truck like mine. I think Joe suggested something a while back like 8K with hanging weights and 8250lb without any weights for the 2.6 class. That would be awesome! That would bring back about 3 pullers in my area that are tired of stripping their trucks to get down to 8K.

Wrong verb. Chased. Sorry. :D

My beetch is that if I had an A5000, my $3000 worth of safety equipment would be fine.

But since I chose another brand to get my RDA (recommended diesel allowance) of 750HP, I need to up the ante.

I say that if 750 is unsafe with a GT42, it's unsafe with a K31. But it's not a popular opinion.

Last edited:
McRat said:
Wrong verb. Chased. Sorry. :D

My beetch is that if I had an A5000, my $3000 worth of safety equipment would be fine.

But since I chose another brand to get my RDA (recommended diesel allowance) of 750HP, I need to up the ante.

I say that if 750 is unsafe with a GT42, it's unsafe with a K31. But it's not a popular opinion.

Well arn't you making more horsepower with your 2.98 gt42 than a little 2.79 Aurora 5000/k31?

For fux sake, "up the ante"? YOU NEED TO ADD A F * * * * * G LOOP AROUND YOUR F * * * * * G U-JOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS IT.

ACCUALLY!, all you have to do is drill 2 holes and bolt it on, it's on it's way!

QUIT FING WHINING or "BEECHING" you call it, people were actually discussing rules a few posts ago.

McRat said:

wtfareyoutalkingabout?

strokin_early99 said:
I agree with Joe on this one. I am glad to see a 2.6 class. I think it gives the daily driver guys, more importantly the Fords, a shot at something other than last place. I am use to pulling against trailer queens with 71mm turbos and getting my butt handed to me, so this will be fun and exciting. I only hope the local pulling promoters adopt the NADM rules.

I only wish we could up the weight a little, making 8K is murder on a modded work truck like mine. I think Joe suggested something a while back like 8K with hanging weights and 8250lb without any weights for the 2.6 class. That would be awesome! That would bring back about 3 pullers in my area that are tired of stripping their trucks to get down to 8K.

I think heavy trucks that want to pull should weight no more then 8250 with no weights hanging and run a 24 inch hitch height

Back