2008 NADM 2.8 Street Diesel Rules

I got an idea, biuld a truck for the rules and hope you did good.

I like the 8250 deal, would really like just a 100# wieght break for any truck not hanging wieghts. mine is so hard to get under 8k that if I just dont have my fuel level just right I could be 50#'s over or if the scales at the pull read a little heavy that night I am out wich sucks after stripping the thing down to get there and pull. That is what happened to me at Indy last year, I totaly stipped the truck down but had a hair too much fuel and was dq'ed for being 70 over. I just dont see that 70#'s being an advatage over the 2nd gens and dmaxes hanging 1k+.

I understand that long wheel bases have a some advantage but whats more of an advantage, long wheel base with no wieghts bouncing down the track or a short wheel base with 1000+#'s hanging where the wieght needs to be?

Thoughts Sleddy *bdh* :poke:

Weight hanging on the front or not, it's not going to stop the bounce. Hard to build a truck to fit any rule when they change every year.

bdp said:
I got an idea, biuld a truck for the rules and hope you did good.

I like the 8250 deal, would really like just a 100# wieght break for any truck not hanging wieghts.:

Now, if we were all adults, that would work fine.

However, the minute that was put that into effect, the weight brackets would be gone, and the engine compartment would be filled with lead, to get that extra 100##!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen guys run and get a hammer and a screwdriver because they were .5# UNDER.

And you know if you beat mech 90210, he would SCREAMMMMMMMMM to high heaven that the 100# extra Beans truck had, gave him the 75 foot advantage.LOL :poke:

In summary, 100# makes no difference-until you knock someone out of the money.

Sledpuller said:
Now, if we were all adults, that would work fine.

However, the minute that was put that into effect, the weight brackets would be gone, and the engine compartment would be filled with lead, to get that extra 100##!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen guys run and get a hammer and a screwdriver because they were .5# UNDER.

And you know if you beat mech 90210, he would SCREAMMMMMMMMM to high heaven that the 100# extra Beans truck had, gave him the 75 foot advantage.LOL :poke:

In summary, 100# makes no difference-until you knock someone out of the money.

I will agree with most of that for sure but if guys want and extra 100#'s by losin the wieght bracket and spending all kinds of money on lead and figuring out places to hide it I say let them do it! For all that effort and money they didnt gain squat cause they could be hanging that wieght out anouther 30+"s making a HUGE differance.

I also think there would be more then just 3 guys to show up, I think there is just 3 now cause most dont want to strip the hell out of a truck like me and House do to pull then put it all back together after. With the 3 gens now wieghing in at simular wieghts its only going to bring in more as those #'s increase.

Well they will have to start where most of started. Showing up to pull exhibiton, until there is enough to get them their own class, or change the rules.

Even if they join up, and mark down FAT TRUCK on the form, I'll at least know there is more than 3 out there.

Outsider looking in here...but with 8K being the rule now....what would change if the weight were made 8250...assuming nothing else changed ?

I guess I don't understand 8K being the end-all weight.

Someone fill me in....

When Diesels first started pulling, they would get thrown into a gasser dually class with the V-10s, most times, at 7500.

Very few places, would let dual wheels/long wheelbases pull in any pick up class.
Gas classes were generally 6200-6500. A few "open" street classes, were 6800.

I could pull my 97 D CC long bed at 6800, minus spare, and tailgate.

As the Diesels started flocking to pulls, 8000 was adopted, for one simple reason. FAT FORDS. (no Chevys at that time) The Fords had crew cab long beds, and very slim chance of making the 7500.
8000 has stuck since. Whats afew more hundred pounds you are thinking? Well, there are other pullers (the silent majority)in the class, that like 8000 just fine.
A regular cab can hang 1800 pounds, now, and they still have trouble running with the long wheelbases. The heavier the class, the more weight, the advantage keeps leaning towards the Fat trucks. The class should be at 7500, if you ask me, and boot the extra along trucks altogether. But I'm a fair man.:banned: :welcome:

we love ya for bein so fair sleddy!

I will make sure to put FAT TRUCK on every entry I put in at every event I go to this year just for you Sledmiester. I'll see what I can do about round up a few more fattys to fill the roster.

Theres been a post deleted, and it was HILARIOUS!!

I'll answer it anyway. Take notes everyone.

8300# in drag racing is a "DISadvantage". 300# over the class weight in pulling is an "ADvantage".:what:

Shall I define those two terms?:hehe: :welcome:
Silly dragracers....

i sure hope ypu dont wanna get rid of the long trucks that would be no good.:bow:
Sledpuller said:
When Diesels first started pulling, they would get thrown into a gasser dually class with the V-10s, most times, at 7500.

Very few places, would let dual wheels/long wheelbases pull in any pick up class.
Gas classes were generally 6200-6500. A few "open" street classes, were 6800.

I could pull my 97 D CC long bed at 6800, minus spare, and tailgate.

As the Diesels started flocking to pulls, 8000 was adopted, for one simple reason. FAT FORDS. (no Chevys at that time) The Fords had crew cab long beds, and very slim chance of making the 7500.
8000 has stuck since. Whats afew more hundred pounds you are thinking? Well, there are other pullers (the silent majority)in the class, that like 8000 just fine.
A regular cab can hang 1800 pounds, now, and they still have trouble running with the long wheelbases. The heavier the class, the more weight, the advantage keeps leaning towards the Fat trucks. The class should be at 7500, if you ask me, and boot the extra along trucks altogether. But I'm a fair man.:banned: :welcome:

undercover said:
Dont worry overflowed ,I know where he lives.We can just bust his kneecaps.

Hahaha well see how much he likes sled pullin when he's laying on his back like a turtle with 2 busted knees. Help ive fallen and i cant get up hahaha:eek:wned:

Back