2008 NADM 2.8 Street Diesel Rules

I would welcome that with open arms. I have griped and b!tched about the weight thing since I started pulling. But all I did was sound like a complainer amongst all the trucks with hanging weights I pull against.

OH man, would I love to see a weight amendment like that come to fruition.

I could hang out and BS instead of putting my truck back together and everyone thinking I am stuck up or something like that.

Thanks for the info Joe. I will pass it on to my local promoters and see if I can get them to adopt it.

house said:
I think heavy trucks that want to pull should weight no more then 8250 with no weights hanging and run a 24 inch hitch height

Or... we could ban long wheelbase trucks,like every gasser class in the country, and be done with it.:shake:

It may come to the point, where its time for the hitch to be lowered on those land yachts, anyway.

If we adopted Housys rule, how many more trucks would show? I have never seen more 2 or 3 stripping large parts, should there be a rule change for 3 out of 50??

Gene, I love shootin' the chit with you at the events I see you at...but I don't envy your job for a second.

Ahh its all good, these guys have good points, but we have to listen to allll the good points. Come summer, the BS stops when the hook drops!!

When the trucks are going down the track, all is forgotten, and the fun starts.

I'm glad this many people have different ideas, it would boring if no one cared.

strokin_early99 said:
I agree with Joe on this one. I am glad to see a 2.6 class. I think it gives the daily driver guys, more importantly the Fords, a shot at something other than last place. I am use to pulling against trailer queens with 71mm turbos and getting my butt handed to me, so this will be fun and exciting. I only hope the local pulling promoters adopt the NADM rules.

I only wish we could up the weight a little, making 8K is murder on a modded work truck like mine. I think Joe suggested something a while back like 8K with hanging weights and 8250lb without any weights for the 2.6 class. That would be awesome! That would bring back about 3 pullers in my area that are tired of stripping their trucks to get down to 8K.

You guys crack me up! :blahblah1: You better get your measuring device out and start measuring the turbos on the Dodges that are kicking your ass in the 2.8 class. Half of them if not more are already legal for 2.6.:rules:
Now what's going to happen when you have to down size?:eek:wned:

You are probably right about the other trucks probably are legal in the 2.6 class. But it will rule out the ones that are running the 71mm lungs.

Why would I have to down size?

Sledpuller said:
Or... we could ban long wheelbase trucks,like every gasser class in the country, and be done with it.:shake:

It may come to the point, where its time for the hitch to be lowered on those land yachts, anyway.

If we adopted Housys rule, how many more trucks would show? I have never seen more 2 or 3 stripping large parts, should there be a rule change for 3 out of 50??

Why couldn't it be an either or?

Why would the hitch have to be lowered on the long wheel base trucks?

Sledpuller said:

I think you'd see a few more, more on the west coast with all the bling they add out there and some more in KY area. But prolly no enough to justify, maybe the other pulls wouldn't see it as a advantage since having a lower hitch height, and the lower hitch idea comes from you gene, heavy trucks scatter more parts. I am still sticking up with the heavy trucks even thought now with the dodge I can hang weight

mech2161 said:
You guys crack me up! :blahblah1: You better get your measuring device out and start measuring the turbos on the Dodges that are kicking your ass in the 2.8 class. Half of them if not more are already legal for 2.6.:rules:

I aint scared:thankyou2:

strokin_early99 said:
Why couldn't it be an either or?

Why would the hitch have to be lowered on the long wheel base trucks?

Wheelbase is an undeniable advantage, always has been, we've just let it slide. Lots of places make them stick their hitching point back farther.

However, I asked for the fat trucks to show up at Indy last year, and we'd talk about it. The first I saw/heard from was Bean, and he was hooking in the class. I just don't see it as an issue, until I get more repsonses.
Numbers, numbers,numbers,numbers!! A petition with names and phone numbers would be good.

That is one reason we never put together a 3.0 unlimited drivetrain class- only 2 pullers ever asked for it, and one flat out said he could only MAYBE make two events. The numbers did not make sense.

Sledpuller said:
That is one reason we never put together a 3.0 unlimited drivetrain class- only 2 pullers ever asked for it, and one flat out said he could only MAYBE make two events. The numbers did not make sense.

Where are all the trucks that pulled at SDX this year in the 3.0 class?? They had a decent sized class there.

These trucks, besides the usuals, Ingram, Painter, Coppess.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSsXhVBzjts

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
Where are all the trucks that pulled at SDX this year in the 3.0 class?? They had a decent sized class there.

These trucks, besides the usuals, Ingram, Painter, Coppess.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSsXhVBzjts

-Tom

WOW Tom I'd say so....

Even the crowd,
I was at SDX 06 and I dont think there was that many People in the stands

Did they start the track back some from 06???
B/C the trucks were almost going into the turn in then

Michael

Michael

Half those trucks were 2.8 bushed, most of the rest of that class are Illinois trucks, that do not travel.
The Illinois series has 25+ well paying 3.0 class hooks. You are not going to entice them out of their state.
Terre Haute is on the Illinois border, and SDX is an exception.

Any truck East of Illinois, if they go Rockwell, they have 3.5 turbos or twins. 3.0 is a huge step back, and we just dont have anyone asking for it.

I am not a smart man, but aint banks and macrat bofum frum calyfornia!!
me and uncle daddy aint skeered to hook bumpers as we whine bout them
:rules:

mech2161 said:
You guys crack me up! :blahblah1: You better get your measuring device out and start measuring the turbos on the Dodges that are kicking your ass in the 2.8 class. Half of them if not more are already legal for 2.6.:rules: Now what's going to happen when you have to down size?:eek:wned:

If that is true then then why are ranting about the bushing rule in 2.8"? Are you saying a 2.6" dodge will whoop up on a 2.8" Ford?:eek:wned: So than why does the bushing matter. Yes for the record I have a bushing. When in Rome ya know.:hehe:

I know that most of the trucks in the Street Class in 06 where running spinners larger then 2.6" Jeremy Moss was running a 2.6" than. Truck ran strong but did not make the show. You did with a 2.8" charger. So I am sorry but I dont buy 7.3 will get killed because of the Dodge running the same size turbo. If it does IMHO it was not because of the turbo.

I like the idea os the 8250 wieght limit when for trucks that do not hang weight. But Sleddy has a point. Would that rule cause more trucks to show.

Gene

Dont get me started on the wheelbase thing.:hehe: I talked to PPL about that 156" rule. They said I could pull. But, I still could get disqualified. Basicly I took It as sure come bring us your money. If youy finish in the money we will DQ you and keep the money.:rules:

I told them I see no reason for the old rule as all four brands have CrewCab Long Beds know. What would they do if someone showed up with one of those MegaCab Long Beds? Say sure will take your money.:doh:

mech2161 said:

I'm not scared of any 2.6 dodge........ I ran last year in the EEP 3" charger class and it did take me a while, but I was doing decent by the time I was finally getting the setup dialed in. I have laundry list of things to improve upon and "tweak" but I will be back in that 3" class again this year with bells on. Oh and the charger I ran last year meets the 2.8 charger rules. Got something a bit more setup for the 3.0 class this year.... Since I am still finalizing some stuff on the truck I can't say which NADM class I would be in, but if I can bush it to 2.8 :clap: I'll be closer to fitting into that class. If I can fit in a class that I have a chance in I'll make some NADM pulls, but I have to set up to where I'll be running the most.

Jason

Kevin since you like to preach for fords, to be heard you need to get more ford owners pulling. There not gona bend rules for 5 trucks.

Back