Texas Diesel Shootout September 4th

On our way...will be at he track in 30 min. If anyone needs a flyer to get in at a discount, we"ve got a few to spare. Call 832.932.1432 but let it ring or keep calling til we answer. C U there...

Great turnout!! I had to leave early but the shootout between the fastest two trucks that drove there should be the grey 2nd gen 12v ran 11.5 got way loose off the line and scott who ran a 11.7 at 113mph an also out ran his dads lil red express gasser cong. scott! There some braggin rights for awhile. 4 prostreet trucks a prochargerd an turbo dmax from louisiana, ford lightning made a good pass, the lil red cummins express low 11s, and hot rod diesel truck. Wish I could have stayed longer but what a turnout!

Great time tonight. Thanks again to Michael, David and Joe for putting this on! I was really happy with my 11.77 on the first pass. Not too shabby for a single turbo, stock cp3 and a small shot! Definately some good running trucks out tonight.

Freakin sweet!!! 10.8 that is freakin moving, then to drive it home is even more impressive. 11.77 ain't that bad either scott. Good job guys. Wish i could have been there. I actually flew over the track, does that count...

Did the little white 7.3 make a pass???

Freakin sweet!!! 10.8 that is freakin moving, then to drive it home is even more impressive. 11.77 ain't that bad either scott. Good job guys. Wish i could have been there. I actually flew over the track, does that count...

Did the little white 7.3 make a pass???

ya we made a few passes that progressively got worse, 12.80@105 was the best fuel only pass. The truck kept hiccuping going down the track after a shift occurred and I was hesitant to spray it. This truck was originally a v10 gasser converted over. Pretty sure we have some wiring issues.

bTW for those wondering the pass on the video was a 7.90@86mph on fuel only. MM's and a BB turbo with a home made air intake and fuel system.

Smoking Lightning and the Little Red Cummins Express
YouTube - TDS8 express lightning

Mark Bordelon and jtaylor
YouTube - TDS7 Bordelon Taylor

emiller6 killing a poor Mustang
YouTube - TDS6

Mark Bordelon and jtaylor
YouTube - TDS5 Taylor Lott

Little Red Cummins Express and Mark Bordelon - 1st race, not the last one.
YouTube - TDS5 Express Bordelon Race1

estelly and School Bus
YouTube - TDS3 OHagan and Stelly

Little Red Express - single run
YouTube - TDS2 redexpress

Couple of Megacabs racing. Not sure if they were a part of the shootout.
YouTube - TDS1 megacabs

good time guys...... Grudge race was tons of fun.......

Not to beat a dead horse, but want to show you guys where we were coming from last night. The rules on Texasdieselshootout page says no trailer queen. It should say no trailered trucks what so ever, ours is far from a trailer queen it was brought only as a precaution being the 1st time it has ever been driven. IF we would have known say the 1st 3 hours we were there I would have drove it out the gate home and back. Fully inspected, insured registered and driveable. Anyway on to the next one.

Texas Diesel Shootout.com

What did Justin's Procharged D-max run? I know he ran 11.3's on fuel before, figured he'd be in the top 2 showdown.

We are gonna have to work on new classes or something. There were three trucks there capable of tens. You think the 12-17 second guys are gonna show anymore? I don't. Hell I'm not gonna beat my truck up to race pro street trucks. Maybe a daily driven class, an unlimited class and as much as yall hate to see it a bracket class for that aren't competitive with the low 12 high 11 second trucks

We are gonna have to work on new classes or something. There were three trucks there capable of tens. You think the 12-17 second guys are gonna show anymore? I don't. Hell I'm not gonna beat my truck up to race pro street trucks. Maybe a daily driven class, an unlimited class and as much as yall hate to see it a bracket class for that aren't competitive with the low 12 high 11 second trucks

I agree with scott on this one. Although that would be alot of racing to get in with all the other cars there, eliminations would have to start way earlier in the night to get done by the time the track closes imo. But the turnout just keeps getting bigger and bigger this thing is starting to take off!

What did Justin's Procharged D-max run? I know he ran 11.3's on fuel before, figured he'd be in the top 2 showdown.

He was having problems off the line getting up on the charger and problems with shifting the trans into neutral. But it has a wicked setup would have liked to have seen it run to its full potential.

I'm leaning toward heads up classes as listed above then maybe index racing for the 13 second and slower trucks(aka John):kick:
I agree with scott on this one. Although that would be alot of racing to get in with all the other cars there, eliminations would have to start way earlier in the night to get done by the time the track closes imo. But the turnout just keeps getting bigger and bigger this thing is starting to take off!

as long as people continue to show we can make appropriate classes, The track is willing to work with us so getting it done should not be a problem. We'll just have to make sure that everyone is on their toes and things will go smoothly.
I'm ganna be working on some different ideas next week then maybe make a few polls and see what the majority likes.

Just remember we are out here for fun, fighting and arguing over rules will get us no where fast.

Back