tug a truck section

yea..... some of the trucks are pretty cool. But seeing as I don't even care much for sled pulling. Pretty sure it wouldn't be much different for tug-o-wars.

Id do it and would be down to watch. Maybe from someones backyard tho. I agree with the whole redneck thing, wouldnt want diesel performance stereotyped as a redneck sport at all

had a tug last night at clark county fair 2nd biggest fair in ohio, 68 trucks,100 percent payback plus 500 dollars for winner of each class stands were packed from 7pm to 11:30 kept the crowd all night long, i ran the strap, you would be surprised how many sled trucks are tuggin didnt see any abnormal amount on rednecks

Auglaize County fair pulls are on Sunday......300' dirt drags, followed by the sled pull, only 2 classes gas and diesel, and ending with the tugs. Should be about 100 trucks there to tug. Hopefully a 2006 Dodge Powerwagon wins.....since that's what i'm takin!!!! lol

good luck to ya green county is on mon. u should try to get to that one, prob not as big as clark co. you dont drive a red power wagon do you i seen one a atleys in jamestown tuggin

i vote yes, i know alot of guys think it is mash the gas and you win, its not. its not just about power either.It is about building a overall strong truck. My own .02 is it is alot more difficult then sled pulling. NOthing agaist sled pulling but there is alot more driving tech. needed. there is more weight transfer to deal with you dont just hang it all up front and count on the sled to plant your rear end. and another benifet of this sport is, it doesnt take a deep check book to play, and i think that is what draws so many people, you can have a true dd street truck and still compete. this isnt the case with the sled.

i forgot to mention the rules are simple, you have your weight class 5000, 6500, and 9500 ibs are the normal, dot approved tires, no slicks or cheater slicks, max hitch hieght of 30". thats about it. there is no worry's about turbos, cubic inches, sprays so on and so fourth you could make. 100 hp or 800 hp as long as you make your weight your good to go

olegreen95, yea that's mine. That was only the third time hookin it. I've made some more changes to it so i can hang a little weight on the nose. It's been a pain getting that truck set up. Most people don't know that the powerwagons weigh the same as a cummins with just a hemi in it. The truck stock scaled over 7200lbs with low fuel. I've had to do alot of strippin to get it down to 6350lbs.
I wish i could make it down there on monday. The smooth pads down there are AWESOME!!!! but when your self employed and you don't work....you don't get paid. So yea.....pullin comes 2nd.

I'm down for a section. I've always loved tug-a-truck, that was me that put that TGW pulling clip up on youtube. I think this **** is awesome. :rockwoot:

Hey Tim (olegreen95) this is Chad Long... Do you remember what the website was that they said they would have the pictures up from the tug a truck?

no i dont but ill try to find out i think you need to tug the dmax you have plenty of rubber :lolly:

shawdrainage dont know if you remember but i had a green toyota landcruiser with a small block chevy on boggers i was tuggin there

Last edited:
no i dont but ill try to find out i think you need to tug the dmax you have plenty of rubber :lolly:

shawdrainage dont know if you remember but i had a green toyota landcruiser with a small block chevy on boggers i was tuggin there

If tuggin a dmax it batter have a 60 up front, and olegreen i remember seeing you at a few tugs this year, iv been pulling a burnt orange 79 ford shortbed

ill be there working i ran the strap at the clark co tug, the landcruiser is getting a 12v having a hard time finding a 4bt/6bt flywheel and wave ring i got the adapter to go to the chevy auto so its already bolted up truck will still be under 5000lbs :rockwoot: even with the 6bt, only prob is a really short rear driveshaft lol

I won't make.....gotta get some tile in the ground before the weekend so I can head north with the wagon to sled pull.
I remember your landcruiser. I was surprised brandon didn't come up lastnight with his ram.

Back